Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in FR as well. Have for about 20 years now :D

From the looks of those picks were taken on the Alton hill? Don’t have a tesla 3 just yet! So still driving around the WRX hatch daily and ///M3 occasionally.

Howdy neighbor! You have quite a eye (and nice taste in cars). Top of the Alton loop, dead end of Calle Cabrillo. View from my front yard. Been here 26 years next month. Let me know if you want a test drive.

Howdy neighbor! You have quite a eye (and nice taste in cars). Top of the Alton loop, dead end of Calle Cabrillo. View from my front yard. Been here 26 years next month. Let me know if you want a test drive.

Yup when I get my 3 maybe we can have a little model 3 get together! I know there are at least 5-6 in the area already. Probably more since I’m not looking to hard.

Thanks for the offer but if I test drive it. It will only make my wait that much more agonizing lol

Reactions: tracksyde
Looks awesome! Any issues with speed bumps? Any other driving concerns/observations related to the lowered stance?

Lastly, how many hours did the install take? Trying to gauge how much it would cost in my area.
Thanks. It is pretty low, so you have to take appropriate care going over speed bumps very slowly, and pulling in and out of driveways at an angle etc. No other issues. I really love the way it feels. The shop told me they took some extra time on the driver side front. Rear springs went in very easily. Like 30 min each side. Front took a few hours for both sides. They have to take out the whole assembly to install the springs. A good shop should do it in 4 hours or less depending if they have experience.

You might be right. Jalopnik just put out their Model 3 Performance review, which included a number of pix. Drop looks about right, for me at least, in them!

sghkfnuwckmiggthccuo.jpg
o0aiy2s5pdmy8n8f8ppy.jpg
dtllrz60muzrrulumen0.jpg

Although it’s dropped a bit, the Performance still sits a touch high...maybe not enough to warrant lowering. The wheels however are set in too far... has anyone just used spacers without a drop?
I’m toying with the idea of leaving the suspension alone and just widening the stance.

Reactions: mpt

No way, I'm your neighbor too. I'm up by concourse park but I make that left turn from Portola to Alton every morning around 8am. I'll keep an eye out for your car, I like the lowered look, are you getting better range after lowering?