Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loyalty credits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I couldn't find a clear answer..

Tesla is now offering 15000 credits if I order a new Tesla. Credits are valid for one year.

I see that 5000 credits can buy you 5000km of supercharging, valid for 6 months. What if I buy three of those, do I get 18 months and 15000km?

Then with 1500 credits you can get 500km / 6 months. While this is not so good deal for the price/km, it might make sense if it extends the deal by 6 months? So I could buy 5000km+5000km+500km+500km+500km = 11500km for 30 months. That would be frigging awesome.

I believe you are correct about the credits. I used 1500 credits for 500 miles (US) of supercharging 3 times, to get 1500 miles that expire in 18 months. (edit: I think this extension is limited to 3 years)

Last I checked, using credits for performance boost (I think this is limited to 3 and Y LR) is by far the best deal. credits for premium connectivity is a better deal for me than supercharging (and I'm pretty sure you can buy multiple years of connectivity). But I guess supercharging costs vary.

Do I have to keep my old Tesla in the account to get the 15k credits for buying a new Tesla?
Like for the transfer of Suc Flatrate, there you have to keep both cars at the same time in your account.

Or I just have to buy a new Tesla car with the same account to get the 15k credits?

Do I have to keep my old Tesla in the account to get the 15k credits for buying a new Tesla?
Like for the transfer of Suc Flatrate, there you have to keep both cars at the same time in your account.

Or I just have to buy a new Tesla car with the same account to get the 15k credits?

I'm not 100% sure, but I would assume they remember you even if you have sold the car.

I first paid the 250€ deposit for my new car (MS Plaid demo car), and the 15k appeared as "waiting" in the app. Then I sold my old car, which then disappeared from the app. Then next day I went to pick up the new car.

What's funny, they sent a SMS that there's new regulations that cars must be delivered with only 50% of charge, and they are giving free 150km supercharger credits to compensate. I did receive the credits, but car was still charged to 90%..

The 150km are valid for 6 months, which means that I can now buy 5000km for 5000 credits and it becomes 5150km/12 months ..