Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD BOOST w/ FSD or Performance w/AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance without a doubt. According to your profile you are in California so snow is not an issue for you, right? I have the Stealth and love the pure acceleration of the beast. I personally don't think FSD is worth it and after using AP for over a year I wouldn't fully trust it, with phantom braking and failing in difficult situations.

I know the new iteration of FSD is world of a difference but the subscription model is coming in 21' and you can always get that or add it at some point in the future, but you can't get a Performance without swapping cars down the line.

The real question is how often will you use FSD vs what AP can handle for you... personally I live in NYC so AP/FSD would be used primarily on the highways. So for my usage it is absolutely worthless in its current form.

Performance without a doubt. According to your profile you are in California so snow is not an issue for you, right? I have the Stealth and love the pure acceleration of the beast. I personally don't think FSD is worth it and after using AP for over a year I wouldn't fully trust it, with phantom braking and failing in difficult situations.

I know the new iteration of FSD is world of a difference but the subscription model is coming in 21' and you can always get that or add it at some point in the future, but you can't get a Performance without swapping cars down the line.

I wonder how the FSD subscription would work for cars with HW2.5. But yea I hear what you’re saying, I think EAP would be ideal. I really like the lane changing feature even for freeway haha. But really hard to find a performance with EAP.

Really at high speeds, the performance is the same as the LR AWD. So what else other than boat anchor wheels, and some additional parts that will only be beneficial on the track that would make it seem cooler? Tesla's game nowadays is all about the tech they put out....so it's going to be FSD and performance boost. Really even their performance boost is ....meh. I'm on 'chill' mode 99% of the time. When I do switch it over, I ask...'why?' Then I switch it back. Also the performance range is not as good as the LR.

• Helpful
Reactions: momo3605