Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD... it's back? (and cheaper?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
glad I upgraded to free unlimited minutes

Aye. Me too. Could be a long wait on hold :D

I’ve decided to definitely switch from the P- to LR AWD at the revised pricing. I’m assuming that this is possible although the information on the Tesla website on making changes seems rather vague, it suggests that it may not be possible at all once the “edit configuration” option is removed from the account page. I suppose I’ll find out when the phone gets answered.

Aye. Me too. Could be a long wait on hold :D

I’ve decided to definitely switch from the P- to LR AWD at the revised pricing. I’m assuming that this is possible although the information on the Tesla website on making changes seems rather vague, it suggests that it may not be possible at all once the “edit configuration” option is removed from the account page. I suppose I’ll find out when the phone gets answered.
I did previously manage to change my order from SR+ to P-.. And have just requested a change to LW AWD along with price reduction for Pear White off my order. Previously took them 3-4 days to cinfirm

They priced the SR+ so that it is no longer subject to luxury tax. Should be a decent demand driver.
yes but only if its in white. options count in the list price. So there are going to be a lot orphaned black SR+'s on boats when everyone changes their order from black to white to white since over five years white is now £2350 cheaper (£750 + 5 *320).
This will be interesting

The LR AWD seems to be reduced by 1560 so hopefully my AWD P lite would be reduced by that amount, Has anyone checked if this will be the case?

I honestly don’t think there is any chance of them changing the price of the P- model as it’s no longer on the configurator. I think they’d only consider changing your price if it was still available but at a lower price.

Which is why I’m going to try and change my P- to the newly reappeared and lower price LR AWD.

Reactions: Roy W.
So, I got through via phone at the 2nd time of asking.

No issues modifying my order from a P- to a LR AWD. All done, should be confirmed in my account in 2-3 days. No mention was made of a delay to delivery - which given I don’t have a VIN allocated yet is probably about right and I was expecting September anyway.

For all the frustration expressed on here while in the Tesla queue, it’s actually quite good to be able to modify an existing order without any penalty. One of the positives in the Tesla buying experience.

I’m actually delighted with this change as the LR AWD saves me £3,100 vs the P-, gives me a little extra range and likely lower insurance premiums. All traded off against slightly slower acceleration which I wasn’t bothered about anyway. And to be honest, if I have to wait a few weeks longer, I’ll be OK with that.