Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still broken for me.

When I took delivery my agent was flabbergasted when it didn't work... Even in front of him and after he did some fiddling around in my account profile.

No Tesla insurance quote for me either.
Still not working for me either. Hopefully it’ll be fixed today. I may try calling again to have them try to escalate this. They must be seeing that there have been no new insurance quotes recently...

Finally got around to joining the forum and waiting room (been lurking here since I ordered on Saturday). Ordered a Pearl White Stealth on Saturday. Car is apparently "pre-production" still according to the sales person, but I have a VIN in the source and that's about all I know. Hoping to get everything sorted out by the end of the year, but would really love an early Christmas present. If anyone has any recommendations for who best to talk to in the Seattle/Bellevue area that can help things along, would be much appreciated.

Seeing all of these Stealths is making me question my config!! Right now I have a LR AWD / 19 rims / AP / Red Multicoat -- but I think I would be okay sacrificing the Red or the rims to get a stealth sooner than later... the Tesla store that I ordered from says they won't know until the 22nd if there are additional stealth VINS. Not sure if that applies to all stores in socal, or just the one I went to.

well i suppose even though we all seem to think that the stealths are available with a shorter lead time, perhaps that's not really true. only time will tell. as @jonquiljo has pointed out there are people who have managed to order a stealth which is already sitting at a delivery center vs. one that's working its way thru the factory. i guess i feel a little better about the stealth since they've quoted me a delivery early in the month and that gives them a lot of time to slip until 12/31. with the LR AWD i had no visibility into when the car would actually materialize. time will tell, unfortunately.

My SA told me that the Purchase agreement link wouldn’t work until a VIN had been officially assigned. I saw a VIN in source code a couple days ago but link still didn’t work. Today the Purchase agreement link works and has a purchase agreement for me.

Two questions of the group:

Based on your experience does the presence of the purchase agreement represent a milestone in the process towards delivery?

Yes! If you call your SA or your assigned delivery center, they should be able to email your MVPA right now. If financing, you'll need this ASAP.

FWIW, I took delivery ten days ago, and the MVPA link on my account still brings up a blank page.

re: Mileage reported on your purchasing agreement: They allow Tesla employees to have a 50 mile joyride on your just-built Stealth. It's a great perk. Most of the time, they do no damage.

Kidding... It's standard for all cars. Mine was same, but when I took delivery, it had 3 miles on the ODO.

Hi all, I am a complete Tesla noob. I recently first ordered a regular standard range + and then after thinking long and hard decided to upgrade to LR, that's when I called up a friend of mine and he suggested that I ask the SA if there were any inventory price reduced cars available and the SA mentioned that there was a sleeper performance, I was so not sure what he was talking to me about and then he explained to me that it was essentially a performance with 18" wheels, and no specials brakes and no track mode. I did order that car and my delivery date so far did not change. I am hoping it won't. Anything I need to know in specific. Any help and information is greatly appreciated. TIA!

Here's what I see in my account.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 4.04.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 4.04.56 PM.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 82
Hi All, first time post here. I've been following this forum for past few weeks and thought to update and offer my appreciation for all the information I've got from this community. I ordered red LR-AWD on 11/05 in Bay Area,CA and was just waiting. Had no idea about stealth but found out from here. Looking at the timelines of others, i didnt want to wait till Dec end. Called my SA yesterday and lo behold, he matched me with a stealth in Fremont, with the color I wanted ! Scheduled delivery is Dec 8th. Excited to finally see end of the wait !!!

@mexxdude: Did Tesla or your SA inform you that your VIN was issued? How can one find this information?

by "source code" people mean they turn on the debugging mode of their browser and directly inspect the HTML code for the reservation status page. if you have a VIN assigned, when you search for the string "5YJ" in the source code, you'll find a few places where the VIN number is in the page source, but is not printed on the screen anywhere when the page is just being displayed as normal.

Hi All, first time post here. I've been following this forum for past few weeks and thought to update and offer my appreciation for all the information I've got from this community. I ordered red LR-AWD on 11/05 in Bay Area,CA and was just waiting. Had no idea about stealth but found out from here. Looking at the timelines of others, i didnt want to wait till Dec end. Called my SA yesterday and lo behold, he matched me with a stealth in Fremont, with the color I wanted ! Scheduled delivery is Dec 8th. Excited to finally see end of the wait !!!

same here, and it is interesting that they are doing this. did he give you any indication if the car is almost ready? my guy said my car is in "pre production" but the VIN is in the HTML source of the reservation status page.

unfortunately my lease has been stuck in "we're checking your credit" for more than a day now. when they first ran the credit check when i reserved an LR AWD, the credit check happened almost immediately. but from the sound of it some people are having problems with tesla finance seemingly not updating loan terms or lease terms at the moment.

by "source code" people mean they turn on the debugging mode of their browser and directly inspect the HTML code for the reservation status page. if you have a VIN assigned, when you search for the string "5YJ" in the source code, you'll find a few places where the VIN number is in the page source, but is not printed on the screen anywhere when the page is just being displayed as normal.
@astrorob : So, I did find my VIN, does this mean that the car will be available sooner than later? What other information do I need to know or can I figure out? I am also curious to see if this is a used car, and when I did the vin decoder, it said it was a 2020 model. Thank you for all the guidance you wonderful people are providing. :)