Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA tells me that I am “noted” to be built a stealth instead of my original order of LR AWD, but he has no VIN for me and my Tesla “manage” page has not changed since my original order on 10/11.

This doesn’t make sense to me. Then again, my SA never makes sense and contradicts himself often.

Does this sound like BS? If so, where can I call at Tesla to find out what is really going on? If I call the showroom where my SA is located, the other SA’s all go to him instead of the manager for clarity. The only thing I consistently hear is that (since my order date is early - 10/11) I should be assigned a car soon. I’ve been hearing this for weeks now.

How can they grab a stealth for me if they don’t know its VIN number?

Yeah, never really heard of an account just being "noted" for a change like that. Sounds suspect.

Just picked up my stealth (white/black/19s) at the Fremont delivery hub. Appointment set at 9:30 but waited until 10 for our advisor to talk to us.

There was only 1 other person at the picking up.
I matched my VIN and thoroughly inspected every inch inside and out during that 30 mins. The assistant at the front desk was able to unlock the car.

I noted 4 issues with the car and told Tesla of the issues before driving off the lot. The said they no longer do “Due Bills” but it only took 20 minutes to fix.

1. front bumper alignment was off from the passenger fender.
2. hole/scratch on the rear passenger headliner
3. Paint chipping on inside passenger door.
4. Scratch on drivers side door sill plate

I asked my advisor to link our phone/keys and we drove off. Didn’t want to spend anymore time with the intro.

Not sure if it’s cause of the early hour, weather or the holiday weekend but it was empty.

Go early, match your VIN and inspect the car!

Attachments

• C5B7B574-CFC1-4CA1-8B8C-F1FFA7DF8536.jpeg
    C5B7B574-CFC1-4CA1-8B8C-F1FFA7DF8536.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Disagree
Reactions: OverEZPZ and iamroy
Yeah, never really heard of an account just being "noted" for a change like that. Sounds suspect.

Thanks. I thought it strange too - so I called the Fremont store right after I posted this. I got a hold of a guy who said that California cars were not yet being built - that all cars in delivered so far in California were east coast cars that were overflow and therefore delivered in California. I was told that there were White/Black stealth's "on the ground" in California, that could be snagged by anyone at this point. They would supposedly be delivered in the 2nd week in December. My "order" was going to be last week in December - Red/black 18" (stealth). So the bottom line is that I guess I was wrong. Cars can be "noted" for your account and not have VIN numbers assigned. That was confirmed by Fremont.

But then about 5 minutes after I spoke to the guy at Fremont, I got a message from my SA locally that he had "found" a stealth - Red/black/18" in San Francisco. I think the car was either a decline (possible) or a car that was sent there for delivery but the owner was away for the holiday and therefore lost it. It's Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, so that's possible and has been happening a lot. So I told him YES.

I do wonder if the guy at Fremont (who had my account open) didn't send a message to my SA and that's why I got a call within 5-10 minutes offering a car. He said he wanted to, and I told him not to bother. Just a strange coincidence - if that!

I'll be holding my breath until then. Supposedly I will get confirmation this afternoon. If so, pick up next week is definitely possible. It's been a long wait since 10/11 - and it hasn't really clicked in my head yet.

A note for people in the Bay area - or anywhere for that matter. There are White/black stealths to be snagged still. They have been built and are still somewhere at the factory.

Reactions: OverEZPZ
Picked up the car and everything went smoothly! Already in love with the car and can't imagine not driving a Tesla in my future.

Still having issues getting a Tesla insurance quote. Now it lets me get a little farther, but then once I enter the driver info, it says, "We are unable to get a quote for this driver. Please review the information below." Anyone else getting this?

Me too! I called the insurance 800 number, and they reported it to tech support.

I noticed the name on my CA driver’s license has my middle name, which my account does not. I changed it on my account, but the insurance page still hasn’t reflected change. Not sure if that affects anything.

Good to know. I picked mine up in Bellevue at 12:00 pm yesterday. I'm wondering why mine was missing the red line. Again, the delivery agent wasn't that helpful and seemed to know nothing about the stealth configurations whatsoever. However, he was quick to tell me that the that lack of a red line is what made it a stealth. I' wondering it they just make stuff up without checking on the facts.

Seems the issue is with Bellevue DC not installing “proper” badge.

In general, the folks making the deliveries are mostly new hires. I knew way more about the Model 3 than my DS.

Took delivery yesterday in Carlsbad, CA. They were doing 6 deliveries at the same time. Took 20 mins, all paperwork was ready, Vehicle was flawless, I drove directly to Discount Tire to mount new wheels and tires. Vehicle had 7 miles on it. Best car I’ve ever driven.

PM me if anyone is interested in Aero Wheels and tires with only 35 miles on them.

Enjoy your cars!!!

Attachments

• ADF04C6B-C1B3-42B6-B898-4601BCD7173F.jpeg
    ADF04C6B-C1B3-42B6-B898-4601BCD7173F.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 71
  • A75E5314-6188-48A3-832D-50E2EE6B4833.jpeg
    A75E5314-6188-48A3-832D-50E2EE6B4833.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 61
  • FB94B95C-AB54-4870-B797-1E3E92E687DB.jpeg
    FB94B95C-AB54-4870-B797-1E3E92E687DB.jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 2DE6092C-AB0E-469E-8CCD-DAB4904F8238.jpeg
    2DE6092C-AB0E-469E-8CCD-DAB4904F8238.jpeg
    532.6 KB · Views: 54
  • F1771BCA-9B4B-406A-853C-AD13B2B42EB9.jpeg
    F1771BCA-9B4B-406A-853C-AD13B2B42EB9.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 7CB809DF-E6D8-4CC6-8AF9-1A998E7B3B01.jpeg
    7CB809DF-E6D8-4CC6-8AF9-1A998E7B3B01.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: OverEZPZ
Anyone getting a home delivery got a delivery text/date yet?

Mine is being delivered to North Idaho through the Bellevue WA delivery center from what I understand. Only have the VIN in source code so far, but my SA told me "Looks like the car is fresh out of the factory so should be able to get loaded onto a truck and out to you soon!" on the 26th (5 days ago). I feel like I should have heard something by now.

I spoke with @shiftkenny ‘s SA earlier today and there is “plenty” of stealth inventory available according to them in CA. Just FYI for others still thinking or looking. They said the cars would be available “pretty quick” if I wanted to reserve one.

Ive ultimately decided to go in a different direction, just FYI for the rest of y’all.

I spoke with @shiftkenny ‘s SA earlier today and there is “plenty” of stealth inventory available according to them in CA. Just FYI for others still thinking or looking. They said the cars would be available “pretty quick” if I wanted to reserve one.

Ive ultimately decided to go in a different direction, just FYI for the rest of y’all.
Yeah theres a bunch in the west coast

Anyone getting a home delivery got a delivery text/date yet?

Mine is being delivered to North Idaho through the Bellevue WA delivery center from what I understand. Only have the VIN in source code so far, but my SA told me "Looks like the car is fresh out of the factory so should be able to get loaded onto a truck and out to you soon!" on the 26th (5 days ago). I feel like I should have heard something by now.
Bellevue shouldn't be long as it is a straight shot from SF Bay Area. Mine was just grabbed today by my SA. Within an hour my order page changed to "payment due". VIN is still in source, but I know the car is close to me in SF (30 mi). No text, e-mail or anything yet to arrange pick up date.

So your car could be close by and they won't tell you until they are ready to have you come by.

Reactions: Solmors
Picked up Blue/Aero from Fremont today... Car looks pristine, no luck trying to get a quote from Tesla Insurance..
View attachment 483687 View attachment 483688
Looks great! Stay out of speed traps!

I have a really dumb question (since I just got matched with one) - what exactly are the specs for a P3D-? 0-60? Top speed? Range? Other features?

• Funny
Reactions: DKM3D and bhzmark
Hi all, hard to contain my excitement as I type this. Stalked these forums and ended up walking into the Rush St Chicago showroom yesterday morning. Two super helpful associates immediately began the stealth order/search process with me. They had knowledge of white/black/aero stealths being available as preproduction but with VINs. Upon searching for further options they said they could see at least a handful available at the factory in other colors, but seeing as I was actually a fan of the white/black configuration we stuck with that. Walked out of there having happily processed the $100 order fee and setting the pickup location, but I needed to finish the registration and trade in info at home today. I see the reservation number and VIN in my account online so I'm happy for the peace of mind there. Although they did say they expect the delivery to take place in the second half of December, with only a 5% chance before then. I actually hope that's the case because work schedule is unforgiving the next 7-10 days. But long story short, I'm beyond ecstatic to join this community/the Tesla family! If anyone has suggestions for accessories they love or other tips, I'll greatly appreciate it. Cheers!

Reactions: dandrewk