Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email from Tesla at 9:30 this morning, saying that my M3 was ready for delivery, but my ride was arranged for me to get there at 12:30, which was when I got there. Found my car; it was the only Blue M3 with aero wheels, and there was the "Congratulations Michelle Steiner" paper on the dash. I inspected the car, inside and out, made sure the mobile connector and the J1772 adaptor were there.

I got in, turned it on (for the air conditioning, and of course to make sure it would turn on), and read and signed the paperwork. Instead of dropping the papers in the red box, I took them inside because there were no instructions on how to handle the check. I had to go inside twice more; once because I couldn't figure out how to close the front console cover (I was exerting too much force), and once because the car key wouldn't work, and there were no controls in the Tesla app. Turns out that there needs to be some time, at least an hour, and in my case about three hours, before that's activated.

Other than putting my iPhone on the charger (the iPhone 11 Pro Max just fits), putting the SD card into the USB slot and setting up navigation, I didn't do anything else before leaving.

Drove to my daughter's to show off the car; for some navigation took me on a very scenic back road route instead of the freeway. I didn't mind; as I said, it was scenic. While at my daughter's, I set up AP and FSD, and drove home.
I then set up all the other options and settings. Pictures to follow in the "Send your pictures" thread.

Reactions: GSBJackson
Got my M3 today. Delivery was extremely good. Much better than my wife’s which was end of the Q2. Not rushed. They fully set it up. I did a pretty thorough look around on the car and frankly I don’t know how it could’ve been better. No panel gaps that I could see. Everything is just great. Very happy!

Of course…its snowing and I live off a dirt road.

First post here ! Ordered a LR AWD midnight silver Metallic with everything except white interior. I am so excited ! So not having heard anything, from anyone at Tesla has me both nervous and frustrated. Is it normal to have not heard anything in the first 4 days ? I completed all the forms and finances through Tesla(WF which came through the next day). I’m guessing I’m just super inpatient, but I want that car !!
I ordered SR only about two weeks ago and then a few days ago switched to LR (silver metallic and white interior). Account showed 3-5 weeks from date of order for delivery. I just today got text message that my car is en route to dealership and I'm picking it up next Friday. My Tesla account guy gave me my VIN number and told me that there's good chance it could come sooner than next Friday and they will let me know if/when I can maybe get it sooner.

07/27: ordered black/black SR+ with 18” wheels
08/10: received 4-7 weeks from today delivery text
08/25: received 2-4 weeks from today delivery text
09/07: switched to black/black LR with 18” wheels
09/09: received 1-2 weeks from today delivery text

located in San Diego area

Should I call my SA? I've gotten my MVPA for 3 days now and it seems some people in Chicago are getting their LR AWD deliveries next week...just don't feel like talking to SA, wish they would answer text
You should call them... I don't have an SA with my order of if there is an SA, they never provided their contact information. Every time I have had to call, I call the regular Tesla Customer support. It took me 3 calls to get my order changed.

Ordered a 2020 M3 Blue Long Range two days ago. So excited! My first Tesla...

Submitted all the paperwork, financing, etc. to them and within an hour or so I got a text confirming and thanking me for submitting everything needed and that they will let me know "when a vehicle with your configuration becomes available, we will contact you to schedule your delivery appointment."

Reactions: XLR82XS
So I’m waiting til the 22nd for delivery which will be the 10th week out of a 8 week max wait in Tampa, I looked at their inventory today and they have the same spec as I ordered in stock now. I called and they tell me that car is not even built yet, but it is listed as in stock on their site ? You think they are giving the run around? Why would it be listed in inventory if not even built yet?

Last edited: