Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it will help someone (in SoCal) who's looking for LR AWD here. Went in to test drive and was planning to order SR+ or LR RWD before the price hike today at midnight. Asked about inventory car and discount and all they are able to offer now are LR AWD. There are many cars available for the discount. Got one with $3,710 discount for 2018, with 25miles on it. There is also another one advisor emailed me with only 7miles on it but it's on $3,370 off (which I can see is still available).

If you are OK with 2018 and want LR AWD with discount, definitely call them up.

Maybe it will help someone (in SoCal) who's looking for LR AWD here. Went in to test drive and was planning to order SR+ or LR RWD before the price hike today at midnight. Asked about inventory car and discount and all they are able to offer now are LR AWD. There are many cars available for the discount. Got one with $3,710 discount for 2018, with 25miles on it. There is also another one advisor emailed me with only 7miles on it but it's on $3,370 off (which I can see is still available).

If you are OK with 2018 and want LR AWD with discount, definitely call them up.
Did you have the chance to try the SR+?
If so, how was it?

Already got my VIN after ordering just yesterday (3/17). It’s a 2018 build (don’t know month yet). 178k. Anyone with a clue on month it was built?

I hate to be another one of “those guys”, but I was hoping for a 2019 build. It’s our 2nd 3 and it seems like one of them should be a 2019 build.

Already got my VIN after ordering just yesterday (3/17). It’s a 2018 build (don’t know month yet). 178k. Anyone with a clue on month it was built?

I hate to be another one of “those guys”, but I was hoping for a 2019 build. It’s our 2nd 3 and it seems like one of them should be a 2019 build.

You can use a free vin checker to verify year of build eg Free Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Decoder & Lookup

Just got assigned a pretty old 2018 VIN - 87,267! Not going to accept it. Calling Tesla.

Any luck getting it changed ? I ordered exactly the same as you in person at the main Bellevue sales and service center and was initially assigned a 2018 build. Fortunately, I noticed on the screen when the sales guy was showing me so I asked if he could change to a 2019 build and he did so within seconds. I guess they've got to get rid of 2018 stock somehow so makes sense that they might issue oldest inventory by default.

We had a Blue LR AWD with 19" wheels on order. We were assigned a 2018 that we rejected. Our trade-in was reaching 30 days/1000 miles so I had been calling Tesla and came to know my car will be custom built and that it would take time (No ETA but atleast 2 more weeks).
My sales advisor called me yesterday to let me know that a 2019 car in my configuration is available but with aero wheels. He suggested we can take delivery and that he would order the sport wheel which would be fitted in 2-3 weeks - and dont bother about aero wheels curb rash etc - its on Tesla. To top it all off, since its an inventory car - they are also giving a $400 adjustment. Car has less than 5 miles on it, has never been assigned to anyone else and is a 2019 VIN. I can't be happier!

Our delivery is now scheduled for Sunday 03/24. So excited!

Reactions: destructure00