Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you got your VIN today on Sunday? Also did it just show up on you My Tesla Account page? I ordered the 25th and also ordered white interior. Have seen lots on mentions/threads indicating White interior was harder to get right now. I keep checking My Tesla Account about 3x a day hoping to see my RN change to a VIN.
Yep. I've been checking multiple times per day, too, and it was there last night. Then I got the text at 9:39AM this morning, and when I checked the site right after that, I had a VIN.

Reactions: JulienW
Yep. I've been checking multiple times per day, too, and it was there last night. Then I got the text at 9:39AM this morning, and when I checked the site right after that, I had a VIN.
Not sure whether to thank you or curse you.:D:p Now I will continue checking today (just checked and no VIN).o_O Was thinking the VIN added to the My Tesla Account might be an "office hours" type activity. Come on Tesla and surprise me.:eek:

I am confused by this VIN talk going on. I placed an order on 4/25. I received a text about 4 hours later saying my delivery is tentatively scheduled for 5/14 between 2-4pm. That Sunday I received a MVPA in email to sign and send back, it had a VIN listed. My Tesla account still shows the RN number though. So do I have a “VIN” or no?

I haven’t completed the payment part yet as I am putting a sizable down payment of roughly 50% and wanted to wait until a little closer to delivery.

I also am trying to get it switched from delivery to showroom pickup. I am in Michigan and would like to pick up in Chicago.

I hope the VIN is correct on the mvpa since I gave that to the bank and insurance company. Is the hold up on the account page due to the payment section?

I am confused by this VIN talk going on. I placed an order on 4/25. I received a text about 4 hours later saying my delivery is tentatively scheduled for 5/14 between 2-4pm. That Sunday I received a MVPA in email to sign and send back, it had a VIN listed. My Tesla account still shows the RN number though. So do I have a “VIN” or no?

I haven’t completed the payment part yet as I am putting a sizable down payment of roughly 50% and wanted to wait until a little closer to delivery.

I also am trying to get it switched from delivery to showroom pickup. I am in Michigan and would like to pick up in Chicago.

I hope the VIN is correct on the mvpa since I gave that to the bank and insurance company. Is the hold up on the account page due to the payment section?
Your account should show both the RN and the VIN. For those of us who ordered when supply was tight, we had to wait between the time we placed our order and the time a car that matched our order was assigned to us (that's the "waiting for a VIN" talk you hear).

From what it sounds like, since you got the delivery text 4 hours later, they were able to match you to a car pretty much right away. Everything else you described sounds normal. There were just some of us that had to wait until a car matching what we ordered became available.

Reactions: Boilermaker
Your account should show both the RN and the VIN. For those of us who ordered when supply was tight, we had to wait between the time we placed our order and the time a car that matched our order was assigned to us (that's the "waiting for a VIN" talk you hear).

From what it sounds like, since you got the delivery text 4 hours later, they were able to match you to a car pretty much right away. Everything else you described sounds normal. There were just some of us that had to wait until a car matching what we ordered became available.

That is what I am concerned about. The only place the vin shows is the mvpa. My online account just shows the RN number and delivery appointment.

That is what I am concerned about. The only place the vin shows is the mvpa. My online account just shows the RN number and delivery appointment.
I wouldn’t worry too much. You have a VIN on your MVPA. You have a delivery date. Do you have an advisor you can talk to about any other concerns? Or maybe call the main support number on your account?

I’m new to the tribe, but it doesn’t seem like anything majorly wrong (though I get being anxious about why it’s different). Try looking under “Completed Tasks” - that’s where my VIN and build info moved to after I filled out the finance information.

Well I guess I'll see what happens now. I first ordered 4/14. Got a call from my DA on 4/27 asking if I'd a want a LR RWD with everything the same(blue/white) except with 19" wheels instead of aero wheels. I said no but after thinking about it decided to change my order to include the 19" wheels. I got a vin and delivery date yesterday, for Wednesday may 8, but the problem is that I'm leaving the country on Tuesday for about ten days. After I told that to my delivery advisor he said they would have to make the car available 7 days after I hadn't picked it up. But then a couple hours later I didnt have that vin on my account and it said I had a delivery appointment on May 18. I say had, because when I looked at my account this morning, it's back to just saying estimated within 2 weeks. Who knows what'll happen now but there's nothing I can do about it until I get back in town. On the plus side the DA said they could meet me halfway between my house and the delivery center at a super charger. So that'll at least save my wife and me about 3 hours of driving.

Long story short, if anyone in California is looking for a LR AWD blue/white FSD with sport wheels, there's probably one available in Fremont or Santa Barbara lol.