Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a great offer on my car so I'm selling it today. Ordered 10/31 so if I don't get it soon I'll be very angry. Don't even have the vin number in my source code yet.

If you have travel plans in Dec I wouldn't do it, not sure how long the wait will be if you miss the delivery at the end of the year, could be months if they repeat what they did this quarter. Also sounds like Cali deliveries will be the very last week in Dec, keep that in mind.

I ordered in Sept with a 1-2 week delivery estimate and sold my car mid Oct based on the estimate (figured it couldn't be off by more than a month right?), if I could go back I would just have kept the old car and sold it afterward, its not worth the trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have travel plans in Dec I wouldn't do it, not sure how long the wait will be if you miss the delivery at the end of the year, could be months if they repeat what they did this quarter. Also sounds like Cali deliveries will be the very last week in Dec, keep that in mind.

I don't have any travel plans. Tesla offered 10.7k for my car(FRS) thats completely saturated the used car market. Someone offered me 14k in a private sale so there's no way I'm declining that.

just reached out to tesla via chat and got a call back from the delivery advisor. Was told 1-2 weeks for vin and then another 1-2 weeks for delivery.

Seems like last week of dec for CA deliveries :(

Ordered - White/White LR AWD with Aero wheels and FSD on 10/30 - Bay Area - CA

It really is interesting how we Cali folks are all going to get our cars at the same time, even if we ordered many weeks apart. I understand the logistics of what Tesla is doing, but it also makes me wish I had just ordered last week and not went through the last 7 weeks of waiting.

It really is interesting how we Cali folks are all going to get our cars at the same time, even if we ordered many weeks apart. I understand the logistics of what Tesla is doing, but it also makes me wish I had just ordered last week and not went through the last 7 weeks of waiting.

In a perfect world, the queue for receiving a car would be based on when you order it, irregardless of location, configuration, etc. But we understand the logistics and cost factors in such a plan. So, dear car gods, i accept this fact that Tesla is a for-profit company and optimizing shipments by location and configuration. Let me have the patience of a few more weeks. But, if it extends to beyond Jan. 1st, then I will go into beast mode. Grrr...

Order date: 10/21 and waiting still.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Well I ordered 11/22 and have been diligently checking the source for a VIN. Still no VIN... but I got a text today to set up delivered for 12/13. :D

Order day 11/22, Raleigh NC. Delivery scheduled 12/13
Did you happen to order white seats? From what I can tell on the tracking spreadsheet it seems like everyone with black seat config is getting their VIN but white seats from same time frame are not. I ordered 11/21 white/white for delivery to Charlotte and I haven't heard anything yet and nothing showing in source code. I'll probably end up getting a delivery date for when I'm out of town for Christmas vacation. I'll be happy getting it before end of year though.

To add insult to injury, they just reduced my trade-in offer by $900. Why? “Because the offer was from October.”

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy for anyone who can get their car quickly - as quickly as a week from order if you read the SR+ thread - but being so heavily punished because you live close to the factory is ridiculous. At the very least, honor the trade-in offer and allow me pick it up before I leave for Christmas, so I don’t also lose the FTC.

8+ weeks and no assurance I’ll even get my car by the end of the year.

Reactions: giantshark18
To add insult to injury, they just reduced my trade-in offer by $900. Why? “Because the offer was from October.”

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy for anyone who can get their car quickly - as quickly as a week from order if you read the SR+ thread - but being so heavily punished because you live close to the factory is ridiculous. At the very least, honor the trade-in offer and allow me pick it up before I leave for Christmas, so I don’t also lose the FTC.

That's complete BS!! It works to their advantage and that sucks!

Go to Carmax and get a quote. With any luck it'll be better than Tesla's original offer, and they'll be obliged to match the higher number.