Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD with AP or SR+ with FSD

LR AWD w/ AP or SR+ with FSD

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's my understanding. So basically don't count on it, but if you need to convince your spouse or sig other, could say you might get $7000 instead of $3750. ;)
Haha! That might, BIG MIGHT, help me make the case for the Performance over the AWD... though I bet if I take her to test drive a performance she'll want it. She was always the one making me stoplight race when I had my RX7.

So if, and by this article it seems like a BIG IF, got passed, then those of us who purchase now would possibly get $7000 come tax day rather than the $3750?

What I read was that the current legislation was not retroactive -- it would specifically exclude buyers between the time the $7500 ran out and the time the new bill was approved. Now I don't know whether that clause would survive into a final bill, but between that and the likelihood of a veto even if the bill makes it through Congress... I would count on $3750.

Reactions: bshap73
Get longer ranger for sure. FSD might technically go up in price but if nobody bites there will likely be another sale sometime in the future for an end of quarter cash grab and drop it significantly. Also when FSD and the hardware matures it could drop and who knows maybe it won't be ready for years and you would be ready to upgrade to a new car. l have learned after having my X and 3 that future software has always been delayed. I bought EAP 2 times and it still doesn't work that great. Summon has frequently not worked, even worse for autopark, and autopilot still has phantom brakes. The demo from yesterday could have been planned out but I won't be buying any future software till it's out and working reliably.

On a side note, I'd encourage you to get in contact with a local showroom sales advisor who can look up discounted inventory. Wait till final week of the quarter and you might get a huge discount on a car. I got $7700 off a P3D inventory non demo car with 7 miles on it - blue on white with autopilot. Someone else got $11000 off a P3D which was a demo. My dad got a new P100D S with EAP and white interior for 77k. The bigger discounts are on higher trim models, you might get a AWD for low to mid 40s or a P3D right around 50k.
This kills me. I got a demo car with 60 miles on it and as much as I bitched I got nothing.

Get longer ranger for sure. FSD might technically go up in price but if nobody bites there will likely be another sale sometime in the future for an end of quarter cash grab and drop it significantly. Also when FSD and the hardware matures it could drop and who knows maybe it won't be ready for years and you would be ready to upgrade to a new car. l have learned after having my X and 3 that future software has always been delayed. I bought EAP 2 times and it still doesn't work that great. Summon has frequently not worked, even worse for autopark, and autopilot still has phantom brakes. The demo from yesterday could have been planned out but I won't be buying any future software till it's out and working reliably.

On a side note, I'd encourage you to get in contact with a local showroom sales advisor who can look up discounted inventory. Wait till final week of the quarter and you might get a huge discount on a car. I got $7700 off a P3D inventory non demo car with 7 miles on it - blue on white with autopilot. Someone else got $11000 off a P3D which was a demo. My dad got a new P100D S with EAP and white interior for 77k. The bigger discounts are on higher trim models, you might get a AWD for low to mid 40s or a P3D right around 50k.

What quarter were these? How close to end? I'm tempted to roll the dice, but I'm going to be out of town June 23rd-29th. I guess I could roll in the afternoon on the 29th or the 30th and gamble for a discount on an in stock vs loosing out on the full $3750. If I could get $7000 off a P3D I'd buy it right now.

What quarter were these? How close to end? I'm tempted to roll the dice, but I'm going to be out of town June 23rd-29th. I guess I could roll in the afternoon on the 29th or the 30th and gamble for a discount on an in stock vs loosing out on the full $3750. If I could get $7000 off a P3D I'd buy it right now.

It was this past quarter on March 30. It's a gamble but at the same time Tesla wants to show the most numbers they can and want to be profitable. I doubt any sort of meaningful discount would be offered on a SR+ and below since profits must be really thin on those Models.

Reactions: hcdavis3
+1 for LR RWD (off menu) with AP and FSD. You can help justify in your mind the extra financial stretch with the possibility that the bipartisan proposal to restore the full tax credit might actually pass.

Electric-Vehicle Tax Credits Get a Bipartisan Boost in Senate - MotorTrend

Well I need a vehicle in June, latest June30th to get the 3750 tax credit. I highly doubt anyone who buys a tesla in 2019 before this new legislation will be allowed to take the the new proposed 7000 though that would be amazing I highly doubt it. They will probably have a cut off..so say it passes in Nov, they will probably say only those buying after Nov.

Either way I am tempted to call around mid-late May if a LR RWD is still available in white and with FSD. If it is I think I will get it...then get the AP2.5 retrofitted, hopefully nothing else has changed on the new cars being produced other than the chip. Otherwise I will get the LR AWD with just AP and plan to purchase the FSD once I save up enough in 12-18 months and make some extra side gig money cause I am not going to stretch higher than 50k on a car and I am not going to dig any deeper into savings or paying an extra 5k on financing.

If I don't get FSD initially I might purchase it within 12-18 months when the new updates arrive. I think some of the LR RWD were produced in 2019 when they brought it back briefly. I am very mad they got rid of that model its a steal 325 miles of range and 0-60 in 5.0 all for 43k. I was set on that vehicle for June and then they pulled the plug on it. I will call and see if they have any available in Missouri Tesla Locations, I am guessing if they don't they can bring one from any of the other stores. I sort of wish it could be one with hw3 already on it, I would hate to have to deal with retrofitting the vehicle if its a hassle. I have heard several people haven't even gotten their Dual Motor signs forever so imagine a HW3 retrofit.
Yeah I wouldn’t worry about HW3, the retrofit is free to you if you get FSD. Worry about range. I would definitely pull the trigger on any LR RWD you can get ASAP, otherwise settle for the AWD. No one in the history of Tesla has complained about extra range but quite the opposite wishing for more.

I have bee on this forum debating what model to get but with all the changes between FEB and now. It has been difficult I was pretty much set on LR RWD with FSD but they got rid of that model. Now I am stuck with either SR + with FSD or just LR AWD with only AP as my budget is max 50K but the AWD with FSD would be like 55k and I really don't want to stretch an extra 5k. If I get the SR+ with FSD it would be 45k approx while if I get AWD will be 50k with just AP.

After yesterdays new that all cars come with HW3 I am really leaning to having FSD though I am not sure how much I would trust it and use it every day. I test drove one with AP and it was good enough though I would like the auto lane change part that is no longer included unless you go up to FSD package. Personally I feel safer having extra range going with AWD I don't really think I would notice difference from 5.3 sec and 4.5 sec in both cars. Any recommendations?
I can’t do sr or sr plus or sr md. I want LR or bust because over time the battery will lose capacity and range and therefore the higher the original capacity the better. I’d go with lr which is what I did.

My point won’t count if you are the type of person that gets rid of cars every few years.

Well I need a vehicle in June, latest June30th to get the 3750 tax credit. I highly doubt anyone who buys a tesla in 2019 before this new legislation will be allowed to take the the new proposed 7000 though that would be amazing I highly doubt it. They will probably have a cut off..so say it passes in Nov, they will probably say only those buying after Nov.

Either way I am tempted to call around mid-late May if a LR RWD is still available in white and with FSD. If it is I think I will get it...then get the AP2.5 retrofitted, hopefully nothing else has changed on the new cars being produced other than the chip. Otherwise I will get the LR AWD with just AP and plan to purchase the FSD once I save up enough in 12-18 months and make some extra side gig money cause I am not going to stretch higher than 50k on a car and I am not going to dig any deeper into savings or paying an extra 5k on financing.

The Tesla rep told me that you have to actually take delivery of the vehicle by June 30th to qualify for the $3750 tax credit. If you order in June but don't get the car till July, it'll be half the credit. My plan (unless I want to risk loosing the credit but go for a end of quarter deal) was to order first week of June. Again, that's why my rep advised. He said a P3D or LR AWD should be 2 weeks to build.

Any new ones (Including LR RWD) all come with AEP standard, but a few of the old AEP features have moved to FSD. I think these are the auto parking and lane changing. You can go on Tesla web site and read the features for the now included AEP and what FSD adds. The Tesla rep I've been talking to said that he thought anything ordered/built in June would have the latest FSD hardware. He said that if he found me an inventory car that matched my build by then, that it would have been built in the last few months and would qualify for free install of any new hardware/software assuming I pay for the FSD upgrade.

I don't have it written down, but I think the difference between RWD and AWD was $2,000 or $3,000. You can call Tesla and ask.

The Tesla rep told me that you have to actually take delivery of the vehicle by June 30th to qualify for the $3750 tax credit. If you order in June but don't get the car till July, it'll be half the credit. My plan (unless I want to risk loosing the credit but go for a end of quarter deal) was to order first week of June. Again, that's why my rep advised. He said a P3D or LR AWD should be 2 weeks to build.

Any new ones (Including LR RWD) all come with AEP standard, but a few of the old AEP features have moved to FSD. I think these are the auto parking and lane changing. You can go on Tesla web site and read the features for the now included AEP and what FSD adds. The Tesla rep I've been talking to said that he thought anything ordered/built in June would have the latest FSD hardware. He said that if he found me an inventory car that matched my build by then, that it would have been built in the last few months and would qualify for free install of any new hardware/software assuming I pay for the FSD upgrade.

I don't have it written down, but I think the difference between RWD and AWD was $2,000 or $3,000. You can call Tesla and ask.

When you wrote AEP does that mean Auto Pilot or Enhanced Auto Pilot?

From what I have read the LR RWD will not come standard with AP and I will need to pay $3k for the AP instead of the ones that now included it for onl $2k. Also would I be charged the same paint choice fees as before on any unsold LR RWD?

I think LR RWD was 43k + 3k AP would mean its 46k + if they only have a certain color other than black they probably will charge the full amount at the time it was manufactured right?

I can’t do sr or sr plus or sr md. I want LR or bust because over time the battery will lose capacity and range and therefore the higher the original capacity the better. I’d go with lr which is what I did.

My point won’t count if you are the type of person that gets rid of cars every few years.

Also what if I wanted to ultimately get the Model Y in 24-36 months? Would you choose the SR + over LR?

He said a P3D or LR AWD should be 2 weeks to build.

That's a total lie not entirely accurate. (Virtually) nobody in the US who ordered a Performance in April has gotten a date or a VIN (unless they took a 2018/test drive car/etc.) and it's now the 25th. You can look at the Performance entries on the order spreadsheet or check the Performance Waiting Room thread. The SC I spoke to today says they advise 5-6 weeks to get a Performance built and 1-2 to ship it from Fremont. I hope that's overly pessimistic, especially with Elon saying they want to unroll the wave, but 2 weeks is just not realistic if you're planning to order to spec and need to get it by a certain time.

So... if you want to be sure of getting a P3D I don't think you should wait too long. If they end up with excess inventory toward the end of the quarter like last time, you could presumably cancel your deposit and buy one of those instead (or switch your order to one of those or whatever the mechanics end up being). But if you waited until mid-June to order, I think you'd really be taking a chance on getting a custom build delivered in time.

The AWDs seem more widely available -- there are a number currently in inventory, even. Not sure whether that will continue to be true through June, but it's at least a better situation than the P3D at the moment.

Okay so called my MO agent and he's got a LR RWD White exterior with AP for $50,200 He also can get me a LR RWD Black Exterior with AP for 48700 (Both these include destination fees). Both ship with HW 2.5. (HW 3 can be added with FSD purchase now or later)

Now if I configure a Black Model 3 Dual Motor AWD with AP I can get one for 50,700 (including destination fee) a white would be 52,200

Do you guys think I should get the black AWD for 50,700(I don't want to go above 50k) or get the Black LR RWD for 48700. 2,000 difference for AWD....though I know its not always good to buy more than you need..but to me awd for 2k more seems like a good deal ? What makes this possible is AP on new order is only 2k while on the LR RWD they charge 3k. The car price is 44.5k +3k (AP) +1.2k destination

AWD is 47.5 k + 2k AP + 1.7K Destination.

He mentioned I should make a decision quick cause the LR RWDs might be gone... however I was looking to take delivery last week of may or early june. This would mean I save 1 month car payment on my lease since I make last payment May 6th but return it June 6th.

From what I have read the LR RWD will not come standard with AP and I will need to pay $3k for the AP instead of the ones that now included it for onl $2k. Also would I be charged the same paint choice fees as before on any unsold LR RWD?

I think LR RWD was 43k + 3k AP would mean its 46k + if they only have a certain color other than black they probably will charge the full amount at the time it was manufactured right?

$43k was a very brief period when Elon announced closing all stores. Normal price was $49k + 5k for EAP all of 2018. Most recent price before going off menu was 44.5K + $3k AP + $5k FSD. I know.... Too many changes to keep up with. Would be nice to stick with something or do a gradual drop rather than steep decrease followed by slight increase. Makes people weary when to buy or fear of overpaying at any moment.

Sorry yes, I meant EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) that is now standard on the new configurations and FSD (Full Self Driving) that is $5000 upgrade.

I was planning on AWD so when they showed me to RWD version I didn't pay attention to if that included the tech or not.

That's a total lie not entirely accurate. (Virtually) nobody in the US who ordered a Performance in April has gotten a date or a VIN (unless they took a 2018/test drive car/etc.) and it's now the 25th. You can look at the Performance entries on the order spreadsheet or check the Performance Waiting Room thread. The SC I spoke to today says they advise 5-6 weeks to get a Performance built and 1-2 to ship it from Fremont. I hope that's overly pessimistic, especially with Elon saying they want to unroll the wave, but 2 weeks is just not realistic if you're planning to order to spec and need to get it by a certain time.

So... if you want to be sure of getting a P3D I don't think you should wait too long. If they end up with excess inventory toward the end of the quarter like last time, you could presumably cancel your deposit and buy one of those instead (or switch your order to one of those or whatever the mechanics end up being). But if you waited until mid-June to order, I think you'd really be taking a chance on getting a custom build delivered in time.

The AWDs seem more widely available -- there are a number currently in inventory, even. Not sure whether that will continue to be true through June, but it's at least a better situation than the P3D at the moment.

Thanks!!! I was surprised when he told me 2 weeks. I even went back, this past Monday to get full out the door prices for both the AWD and P3D configurations and to ask about inventory. I told him I could actually order in May and he said, naw, June 1st is fine. Ill check the threads about vin's and such.

I do live pretty much right next to Freemont, I think the Dublin dealership is the closest, so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I also like your recommendation about ordering it, I can easily put $2500 down to place the order. I'll go back to dealer maybe tomorrow armed with more questions. Also now that I'm firm on the P3D model.