Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD no longer available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 on 4/10/19 (ordered exactly one week prior), and while still playing around the Tesla website, I noticed that they changed the available lineup (not that strange as Tesla does it quite often), but I was shocked to see that my model specification is no longer being produced.
it makes me wonder: is it because it didn't make economical sense (although price wise it fell right in between the SR+ and LR AWD), or something else?
Thoughts?

Black on Black 2019 Model 3 LR RWD w/ AP and Aero caps

It’s because they want to raise the average selling price of the LR battery. It will come back again when they need to stimulate demand.
I would assume giving people more options would increase sales, as some buyers my be turned off either by the expensive AWD, or the shorter range of SR+

It’s still available but “off menu”. You need to call Tesla or visit a store to order LR RWD.
I thought only the base $35k setup was "off the menu". good to know

I would assume giving people more options would increase sales, as some buyers my be turned off either by the expensive AWD, or the shorter range of SR+

Which would be fine and dandy if they wanted to increase sales regardless of margin. But they don’t.

All available info points to Tesla still being battery cell constrained for the Model 3. Tesla can make ~3 SR+ vehicles with the same number of cells as it takes to build 2 LR models. Until that’s addressed, the margin on the LR cars needs to be higher to make up for the difference.

Which would be fine and dandy if they wanted to increase sales regardless of margin. But they don’t.

All available info points to Tesla still being battery cell constrained for the Model 3. Tesla can make ~3 SR+ vehicles with the same number of cells as it takes to build 2 LR models. Until that’s addressed, the margin on the LR cars needs to be higher to make up for the difference.
I thought for all Model 3 the size of the battery pack was the same, 75kw, only difference was the software limited range...mmmhhh

Welcome 1st time poster. Would love to see a pic of your car.

I present to you a 3hr old (since pickup) baby Darth Vader...Mr Vader now that has more than a week! :)

Attachments

• MR VADER.jpg
    MR VADER.jpg
    780.3 KB · Views: 89