Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did a road trip from Hamilton to Montreal and back. Just over 600 kms each way. I drove 100 kms/hr on Autopilot in hot weather with the AC on. I was getting 124 Wh/km. I made it there with only one charging stop in Belleville. I arrived with 18% and
charged to 100% in 25 minutes on a 150 kw Supercharger. I arrived at my hotel in Montreal with 16% and they had free Tesla Destination Charging. On the return trip, I drove at 114 km/hr and quickly realized I should follow the advice of the nav system and charge only to 75% at the Gananoque 250 kw charger and again at the Port Hope 150 kw charger. Unfortunately, I still had 36% when I got to Gananoque, so I couldn't test the full charging speed. It started charging at a rate of 166 kw. Overall, I'm amazed at the speed and convenience of the Tesla Chargers. Everything about the car is beyond my expectations, perfect really except perhaps one thing. I'm OK with the ride but, I'm having trouble believing we have "Comfort Suspension " It's not at all like the cushy Dual Motor car I recently tested. Even the M3 performance seemed softer. It feels just like the older, stiffer Model Y. I would sure like to hear some more opinions on that subject. Overall, I'm really glad I got the MY RWD. Range and performance are beyond perfect.

Unless you need it, it's unnecessary to charge to 100% on SC. It takes to long and just go to the next SC if you need to to arrive to your destination the fastest.

Even if you have an LFP you don't need to charge to 100% all the time on vacation. My LFP Model 3 don't see 100% 99.9% of the time on vacation. But when it does, it's because I have a LVL2 nearby or use my mobile charger on LVL 1 when I arrive to destination.

Reactions: Esan na
I just did a road trip from Hamilton to Montreal and back. Just over 600 kms each way. I drove 100 kms/hr on Autopilot in hot weather with the AC on. I was getting 124 Wh/km. I made it there with only one charging stop in Belleville. I arrived with 18% and
charged to 100% in 25 minutes on a 150 kw Supercharger. I arrived at my hotel in Montreal with 16% and they had free Tesla Destination Charging. On the return trip, I drove at 114 km/hr and quickly realized I should follow the advice of the nav system and charge only to 75% at the Gananoque 250 kw charger and again at the Port Hope 150 kw charger. Unfortunately, I still had 36% when I got to Gananoque, so I couldn't test the full charging speed. It started charging at a rate of 166 kw. Overall, I'm amazed at the speed and convenience of the Tesla Chargers. Everything about the car is beyond my expectations, perfect really except perhaps one thing. I'm OK with the ride but, I'm having trouble believing we have "Comfort Suspension " It's not at all like the cushy Dual Motor car I recently tested. Even the M3 performance seemed softer. It feels just like the older, stiffer Model Y. I would sure like to hear some more opinions on that subject. Overall, I'm really glad I got the MY RWD. Range and performance are beyond perfect.
Have you checked your tire pressure, they seemed to have been inflated it a bit too high. Mines was at a cold tire pressure of 50 and I lowered it down to the recommend 42 and it feels a lot better.

How much did the supercharger cost?

Do you guys know how long before the FSD update shows up in the system? I picked up our Model Y 2 days ago.
I’m pretty sure the latest update 2023.20.7 was the first update to combine regular build and FSD beta build together. If we were to purchase fsd from now on our car is already ready. I received this update about a week ago, check if your software update settings is on advanced.

You are running the latest stable build when the car was put in service. It can be a couple of version behind.

Can take a month before receiving the latest update. If you bought FSD, I don't know.

Be patient.
This used to be the case before but the builds have been combined now:

Ok thanks guys.

For anyone that took delivery in July. Did you get free supercharging? I went to my first Tesla supercharger today and the cost was covered by credits, so was free. The only thing is I didn’t know I had any free supercharging credits.

Even in the app, under Specs and Warranty, it doesn’t say that I have any credits.

Ok thanks guys.

For anyone that took delivery in July. Did you get free supercharging? I went to my first Tesla supercharger today and the cost was covered by credits, so was free. The only thing is I didn’t know I had any free supercharging credits.

Even in the app, under Specs and Warranty, it doesn’t say that I have any credits.
It’s under loot box…free 150kms

Does the car supercharge at 170 kw like the M3 RWD with LFP battery or 250 kw like it says on the Tesla site? Looks like we're not certain yet, so I decided to find out. I went to Brantford where the V3 Superchargers are, making sure I arrived with only 7% remaining. Charging peaked at 171 kw for a second and then settled to 168 kw for a minute before winding down further. So there it is. The rate is 170 as I expected and the Tesla site is wrong. I wonder if they will ever correct it.
Screenshot_20230713_233938_Gallery.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: DuncanM
Picked up car, got $650 credit applied for I don’t know why, and 3 months of FSD downloaded lates update and FSD works great.

Small not I did not realize this, If you are getting a RWD do not fixate on the 48amp charging with a 60 amp o breaker the RWD LFP’s will charge at 32AMP max in a home charger!!!
Perhaps you got a $650 referral credit, because that gives you 3 months of FSD. Did you use a referral link when you ordered online?

Out of curiosity, when did you pick up your car and then get the FSD update?

And the 32amp home charger……does that mean the mobile charger or wall charger will ultimately charge @ the same rate?

Reactions: richyrich