Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps you got a $650 referral credit, because that gives you 3 months of FSD. Did you use a referral link when you ordered online?

Out of curiosity, when did you pick up your car and then get the FSD update?

And the 32amp home charger……does that mean the mobile charger or wall charger will ultimately charge @ the same rate?
Mobile charger max is 32a and the wall charger max is 48a.

The 3 RWD max is 32a regardless of what charger you are using.

Wall charger is more flexible. It can withstand weather element where the mobile charger has be protected. Look up the instruction manual for both.

Perhaps you got a $650 referral credit, because that gives you 3 months of FSD. Did you use a referral link when you ordered online?

Out of curiosity, when did you pick up your car and then get the FSD update?

And the 32amp home charger……does that mean the mobile charger or wall charger will ultimately charge @ the same rate?
Yes it appears to be the referral of $650, but and the FSD is also part of this, but reading/skimming on their website it appears anyone can have this.

It was picked up yesterday July 13th order was placed 30 days prior.

Yes if the mobile charger is 32amps then yes ! Keep in mind the long range and performance will pull the full 48amps.
(So it was kinda money wasted) but it is more convenient in my case, but I could have gotten away with a cheaper electrical wire.

For those of you that are waiting, the ship has unloaded the Teslas in Richmond, BC ready for land transport
1689550574473.png

Photo taken from Tesla Model Y Canadian Group

Has anyone here tried towing yet with their trailer package equipped MY RWD? I did last night. I bought the proper tools to remove the cover which was very easy. The car seems to tow even better than my truck did and is rock stable even during a brief test above140. Of course power consumption is double, just like a gas or diesel truck would be. Everything was better than expected.
20230719_193654_resized (1).jpg

Is HW4 coming on the new loads coming in from China? May trade in the 2020 and transfer the FSD that is now offered if purchased before September. Would like to get HW4 though.
So far no China cars have HW4 and this includes ones in transit still. People are having their VINs checked on Reddit (usually they get the VIN when being loaded on the boat in China) and so far all are HW3. People are guessing HW4 not to the fall in China.

A month in and I already got a rock chip on my hood, decided to get ppf after the guy that did my tint with gave me a good offer for xpel ultimate plus. If you guys are considering it, you should definitely get ppf, paint does still seem a little thin.

A month in and I already got a rock chip on my hood, decided to get ppf after the guy that did my tint with gave me a good offer for xpel ultimate plus. If you guys are considering it, you should definitely get ppf, paint does still seem a little thin.
Not sure this is a Tesla-specific thing? Rock chips happen on every vehicle - I've not found my Teslas to be any different - a 10 second Google shows me complaints for Taycan, BMW i4, e-Tron etc. and I bet there are plenty for every brand if you go look. PPF is a good idea, at least on the hood, if you care.

Not sure this is a Tesla-specific thing? Rock chips happen on every vehicle - I've not found my Teslas to be any different - a 10 second Google shows me complaints for Taycan, BMW i4, e-Tron etc. and I bet there are plenty for every brand if you go look. PPF is a good idea, at least on the hood, if you care.
Yes it’s not a Tesla specific thing but ev in general do get more rock Chios because of the lack of a grille resulting in a larger surface area prone to rock chips. However, Tesla paint has been proven to be a lot thinner compared to other manufacturers.

Did this happen with anyone else? Basically am getting the Y RWD for 54690. Gave the OK to my rep on one for 56080. Then he went in and did the adjustment and thats what I see in my account below. Did I just luck out?

Model Y

$54,900.00

Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive

$5,090.00

Delivery Final Inspection Fee

$1,880.00

Referral Credit

-$650.00

Price Adjustment

-$5,210.00

Car Price

$56,010.00

Did this happen with anyone else? Basically am getting the Y RWD for 54690. Gave the OK to my rep on one for 56080. Then he went in and did the adjustment and thats what I see in my account below. Did I just luck out?

Model Y

$54,900.00

Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive

$5,090.00

Delivery Final Inspection Fee

$1,880.00

Referral Credit

-$650.00

Price Adjustment

-$5,210.00

Car Price

$56,010.00
Yup they are all over the website they dropped prices in inventory vehicles another ~$4k
What a fantastic feeling after taking delivery. But interest rates are up an other 50 points since I placed order. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: richyrich
I just got another free month of "Premium Connectivity " Did anyone else get this? I let mine expire but then renewed it the next day. Then hours later, I canceled yesterday for various reasons. Tonight it's back. Are they trying to lure me or does this happen to everybody?View attachment 959944
When you renewed, you basically pre-paid for 1-month. Even though you can cancelled hours later, you still have active subscription until that 1 month is over. They are not giving you partial refunds. So, you didn't get it for free. Unless they didn't charge your credit card.

Reactions: 404 Not Found