Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in Quebec here that was able to succesfuly claim the 7000$ rebate? I'm trying too, but since Tesla doesn't give you any signed contract, I'm getting told that my request is invalid and that I need to provide the sale contract signed by both Tesla and I, which I don't have since Tesla doesn't give us that when we get our vehicule and I only have an unsigned copy in my Tesla account.

Anyone in Quebec here that was able to succesfuly claim the 7000$ rebate? I'm trying too, but since Tesla doesn't give you any signed contract, I'm getting told that my request is invalid and that I need to provide the sale contract signed by both Tesla and I, which I don't have since Tesla doesn't give us that when we get our vehicule and I only have an unsigned copy in my Tesla account.
Call the rep or anyone at the SC. They have to give it to you.

Did you look in your profile on the web site if the signed contract was there ?

I did, I see the signed Executed Lending Agreement, but my contract isn't there.
I had the same issue. They kept telling me "look in your account" and it was not there. I even sent an email like 2 months half ago with print screens that I do not have it and it is still not in my account.
I'm not too bothered by this because I actually got my contract by email. I just went in the SC (around the same time, so 2 months ago) and told them about my issue and they sent the contract by email on the spot. I've already received the incentive from Quebec (the cheque took about 4 weeks to arrive).

Reactions: ZooSean
Hi guys in my settings under security my security alarm option is greyed out..looked in the owners manual but I can’t figure out how to turn it on. Sentry is enabled

Mine is the same way. I was looking at it today and wondered if I actually have an alarm
I believe they removed the ability to turn off the alarm a couple years back. Which is why the toggle doesn’t work. The alarm is always on.

I believe they removed the ability to turn off the alarm a couple years back. Which is why the toggle doesn’t work. The alarm is always on.
OK, that makes sense. I'm going to find a deserted spot and try to set mine off (without smashing a window).
BTW, you may recall earlier that the Tesla site listed our cars as weighing 2258 kgs which we figured had to be wrong. They later revised it to 1909 kgs which is 4208 lbs. I got a chance to weigh mine on a scale. It weighed 1919 kgs with a cooler full of ice and drinks in the trunk, a few items in the frunk and the optional trailer tow package. So the current listed figure is spot on. The Tesla site is not perfect though. It still shows 250 kw charging when it's actually 170 kw.

Today I saw a sad sight. I drove to a parking lot in Mississauga where they have EV charging. The lot was nearly empty except for a near new, Model Y RWD that had been charging for 7 hours. The side window was cracked and a mark on the trim suggests someone tried unsuccessfully to pry it open. There were glass bits on the dash and seats, so I would think the owner doesn't know yet. Interesting how the layered glass cracked instead of shattering like other car glass. I expected that of course. I decided to park my car elsewhere.

Attachments

• 20230909_174722_resized.jpg
    20230909_174722_resized.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 145
Just wanted to bring some attention to this new change in the Model Y offering. Tesla Canada is now offering a RWD option with 394kms of advertised range and a 0-100km/h of 6.9s.

Both that new RWD variant and the LR AWD are now eligible for the federal iZEV incentive. The RWD option is only available with the 19” Gemini wheels, black interior and 5 seat option right now.

As of this writing, the prices are as follows (before incentive)
RWD = $59,990 CAD
AWD = $69,990 CAD

Cheers!

View attachment 930520
We should mount a class action lawsuit against the government, for all of us who bought our cars and got absolutely no rebates. The original intent of the rebates, to my understanding were to create incentive for people to adopt electric vehicles. Now with Tesla and other manufacturers, jumping in on the bandwagon, this incentive just shows us how we got screwed.

What are your thoughts?

We should mount a class action lawsuit against the government, for all of us who bought our cars and got absolutely no rebates. The original intent of the rebates, to my understanding were to create incentive for people to adopt electric vehicles. Now with Tesla and other manufacturers, jumping in on the bandwagon, this incentive just shows us how we got screwed.

What are your thoughts?
This won't be a popular opinion around here, but I'm not a fan of the EV rebate. I don't think taxpayers should be subsidizing car buyers who can afford $50K - $70K cars. If we really want to solve the EV adoption problem, we should redirect that budget towards improving the charging infrastructure so that Canadians who don't have access to a home charger (e.g. condo dwellers, renters, students, etc) can consider EV ownership without the inconvenience that they experience today.

Even worse is when car manufacturers abuse the program. The latest example is Volvo's soon to be launched EX30. It starts in the US at ~$35K USD, but in Canada, instead of the expected $48K CAD starting price, they priced it at $53,700 knowing that tax payers will subsidize it down to ~$48K. So in other words, tax papers are subsidizing wealthy corporations and their shareholders. Here's Andrea and Zack Spencer talking about this exact problem.

...but I digress 😉

Regarding your question: should tax payers retroactively subsidize EV buyers? I don't see why they should and I also don't understand why you think you "got screwed".

Reactions: 404 Not Found
This won't be a popular opinion around here, but I'm not a fan of the EV rebate. I don't think taxpayers should be subsidizing car buyers who can afford $50K - $70K cars. If we really want to solve the EV adoption problem, we should redirect that budget towards improving the charging infrastructure so that Canadians who don't have access to a home charger (e.g. condo dwellers, renters, students, etc) can consider EV ownership without the inconvenience that they experience today.

Even worse is when car manufacturers abuse the program. The latest example is Volvo's soon to be launched EX30. It starts in the US at ~$35K USD, but in Canada, instead of the expected $48K CAD starting price, they priced it at $53,700 knowing that tax payers will subsidize it down to ~$48K. So in other words, tax papers are subsidizing wealthy corporations and their shareholders. Here's Andrea and Zack Spencer talking about this exact problem.

...but I digress 😉

Regarding your question: should tax payers retroactively subsidize EV buyers? I don't see why they should and I also don't understand why you think you "got screwed".
You raise some very good points. We seem to be getting shafted by all sides, taking into account the Volvo angles.

Reactions: johnny_cakes

...but I digress 😉

In Tesla forum, and you use Volvo as an example? Go buy Tesla, and you won't have such problem.

What are your thoughts?
Not sure what you meant. It was Tesla's decision to not price their cars under the threshold. The threshold also kept the other EVs price down (we are seeing price jumps across the board after it was lifted). Speaking of getting screwed, I missed the $14K Ontario rebate and any future rebates from the next liberal/NDP provincial governments. I am loving my carbon tax rebates in Ontario though.

...but I digress 😉

IMHO, ICE cars should be required to be bundled with 5 years/75k kms of gas based on their EPA ratings instead. This way, no additional cost to anyone, but show consumers the true cost of ownership for them to make informed decisions.

Also, allow cheap Chinese and/or European EVs into the market.