Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem has not gone away as of 00:01 eastern time. It may be based on pst.

Yeah mainly wishful thinking on my part. Issue does seem reduced for me yesterday and today in my S and X, but still there. I have had days where I thought it was better in the past couple of months though and was wrong, so might just be an aberration.

See similar thread over in the Model S UI Forum. Slacker Support relayed to me that there may have been a configuration change made yesterday, 1/3/2017 around 7pm PST that might help this. I'm seeing more reliable streaming over the past day or so, but my LTE throughput definitely has not changed - still maxing out around 240Kbps. From the posts in this thread, it also sounds like the issue is not localized to the East Coast, which is what I was hearing yesterday from Tesla via my dialog wi th Slacker Support.

I can confirm that streaming is 10x better now. It’s like night and day. Songs start instantly, the whole song buffers within a few seconds (instead of keeping barely ahead of real-time). Zero loading errors in ~45 minutes of listening tonight. Awesome to finally have it working!

I can confirm that streaming is 10x better now. It’s like night and day. Songs start instantly, the whole song buffers within a few seconds (instead of keeping barely ahead of real-time). Zero loading errors in ~45 minutes of listening tonight. Awesome to finally have it working!

Seriously? I hope that's not the case. Its still completely worthless for me. The streaming audio is the only thing on this car that I cannot stand.

Starting yesterday my streaming started working flawlessly. It’s loading the whole song within seconds and allows skipping through songs very quickly. We’ll see if it lasts.

This is my experience every few days recently as well (including yesterday for 2+ hours in the car where it worked perfectly). I also hope it continues, but so far it seems that I get a bad day still mixed in.

Seriously? I hope that's not the case. Its still completely worthless for me. The streaming audio is the only thing on this car that I cannot stand.

Check again - it should be fixed for you. If not, reboot your center console and try again (to establish a new LTE connection). This is considered fixed by Tesla as communicated two a few users through Executive Support escalation replies from Tesla, and through Slacker Support (who was working with Tesla on this as well). See posts in other forums, including LTE Throttling.

Rebooted my X last night and turned off WiFi forcing to LTE. Played songs flawlessly with each song downloading completely and quickly. YEA! I have to admit streaming has worked intermittently before...but optimistic.

Check again - it should be fixed for you. If not, reboot your center console and try again (to establish a new LTE connection). This is considered fixed by Tesla as communicated two a few users through Executive Support escalation replies from Tesla, and through Slacker Support (who was working with Tesla on this as well). See posts in other forums, including LTE Throttling.

Thanks for the tip! Will give that a try tomorrow morning.