Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Mode on the Model X 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
So my daughter got a free take-it-home for a day test drive and discovered the X (or so she said) had Ludicrous mode. My 75D does not seem to have that enabled. While I really doubt if my weak heart could take it if Angel was any faster, is this an option I could buy if my wife leaves me?

So my daughter got a free take-it-home for a day test drive and discovered the X (or so she said) had Ludicrous mode. My 75D does not seem to have that enabled. While I really doubt if my weak heart could take it if Angel was any faster, is this an option I could buy if my wife leaves me?

it is hardware and software and reserved for the "P" cars...either as an option (in the P90DX) or as a standard capability with the P100DX.

it is hardware and software and reserved for the "P" cars...either as an option (in the P90DX) or as a standard capability with the P100DX.
Although there is no upgrade to “Ludicrous Mode” in any 75D, has your car been uncorked? My Dad has a Model S 75D which qualified for uncorking. His 0-60 time went from a measured 5.1 to 3.9! No hardware changes were required. The drive is much more thrilling now!