Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous upgrade booked March 30, 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually it's a bigger acceleration impact at far less cost than Roadster Sport was. I could tell the difference between it and the base Roadster, but only after I got used to the car. That was a 0.2 second improvement. Ludicrous is a much bigger delta.

I'm quite certain I would easily "notice" the difference.

Reactions: Jaff
I had my TESLA Model S P85D, now Ludicrous done on March 28, 2016. I am told that i am the very first car in Vancouver and perhaps the first one in Canada.
the game plan was the drive my car from Calgary to Vancouver and get it upgraded. instead i decided to ship the car to Vancouver, my reasoning for shipping the car, simple Driving in the mountains late March is too unpredictable.. The car was dropped off a few days prior to the scheduled appointment, so me and my wife decided to take off to California while the car was ludicrous.

My thoughts on ludicrous. Well, Was it worth it? I think so, yet the performance improvement is not that good. I had the chance to race a friend's P85D without ludicrous and not improvement at all on the 0-60, The only significant power increase can be felt at over 100km/h. To be honest i am a little disappointed. If i would have known I would have passed on the upgrade and instead invest my money a new Model S P90D., yet the fact that my car now has that super high tech fuse makes me feel pretty good.

I have driven my P90DL for a few months now...

Agree that it is only marginally faster than the P85D from 0-60, and, that it is significantly faster from 100kph & up.

Is it worth it? Absolutely. I quite enjoy having the increased torque above 100 kph!

I am not in the least disappointed, and still will be proceeding with adding the fuse to my wife's P85D when our turn comes up.

My rationalization is that I hope to get some of the Ludicrous delta back in resale since the retrofit is much cheaper than buying Ludicrous on a new vehicle. I guess there won't be a ton of P85Ds in Canada but they should sell for a premium over a P85D. I guess there will be more Ludicrous on the P90D and now P100D.

My rationalization is that I hope to get some of the Ludicrous delta back in resale since the retrofit is much cheaper than buying Ludicrous on a new vehicle. I guess there won't be a ton of P85Ds in Canada but they should sell for a premium over a P85D. I guess there will be more Ludicrous on the P90D and now P100D.

That's reasonable... you'll certainly get some of it back, and I keep considering it. But I do expect that the most of the people looking for L vehicles will tend toward the P90DLs.

The really early P85Ds - yours and mine - that we bought at close to par $$$ in 2014 have really held their resale value. That's a mix of the C$ drop and the fact that the PD vehicles have gotten progressively more expensive in general.

You are probably right that they will tend towards the 90s. It will be interesting in a few years to see prices for similar mileage 85Ds, 85DLs, 90Ds and 90DLs. There isn't too much else different in the cars other than the battery size and Ludicrous (or not).