Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car in the service center for the Ludicrous upgrade has now come back online to the Tesla iPhone app, and the service center is obviously working on it, since the trunk and frunk are open.:wink:

What made me check the app is that I just got notified by the Tesla app that "Software update is available." I had previously installed 7.1 before taking the car into the service center for the Ludicrous upgrade. So this is either a bug fix for 7.1, or it's related to the service center's need to update the software for Ludicrous mode.

My car in the service center for the Ludicrous upgrade has now come back online to the Tesla iPhone app, and the service center is obviously working on it, since the trunk and frunk are open.:wink:

What made me check the app is that I just got notified by the Tesla app that "Software update is available." I had previously installed 7.1 before taking the car into the service center for the Ludicrous upgrade. So this is either a bug fix for 7.1, or it's related to the service center's need to update the software for Ludicrous mode.

Apparently you were destined to be first no matter what! Guess they did work on them simultaneously. That's good news for the next folks.

Oh no, poor @thimel has issues :(

Firmware 7.1
I woke up this morning and excitedly went to check my car which had the update scheduled to occur overnight. Neither computer screen lit up and I had a notification on my phone saying the update had failed. It did respond to the fob. Called Tesla who said the car had "shutdown" and is arranging a tow. I'm sure they will get it fixed, but disappointing to not be able to play with the new features.

Firmware 7.1 - Page 95

@sorka or other folks who got Ludi already, did you get 7.1 OTA yet?

I just checked the tracker and there are no 7.1 entries for yo mama, sorka, or thimel. (Did I miss anyone who has posted that they have already received the upgrade? I checked those three off the top of my head.)

I have 7.1

I got the 7.1 upgrade OTA.

Oh no! What have I done!

But you are still wait-listed, right? I think the question was "Do any P85DL (or P85D) have the 7.1 upgrade?"

Yes, LetsGoFast is correct. In what I wrote above about "already receiving the upgrade" I was referring to the Ludicrous upgrade, which I had hoped would have been clear based on the message I had quoted, but apparently was not clear enough.

I was checking the Firmware Upgrade Tracker to see if any of the three people I listed -- yo mama, sorka, and thimel -- all of whom have P85Ds that have already been upgraded to Ludicrous had received the 7.1 firmware upgrade, and was wondering if I had missed checking anyone who had posted that they had the Ludicrous upgrade already.

I apologize for any confusion my post caused.

I generally don't sign up to 3rd party sites that require my Tesla login, but I did just now because you got me curious.

This is what I see on that info page: Model : P85D

Thanks for signing up! There should be a long list of options that show up in the Car info page (click on your car from the "Garage" section), looks something like the below. I was curious if any line mentioned Ludicrous?

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 10.08.21 AM.png

Has anyone outside the US received any information about the upgrade? The deadline is fast approaching and I haven't heard a single word on how we can order the upgrade.

I am on "a list" since last August. Asked for more info last week but I only received confirmation that I was on the list and that service would be in contact as soon as they had more info. So for the moment being not much Ludicrous happening over here in Europe.