Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 2021 Tires from factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I just ordered my Model 3 Long Range AWD with the 18 inch Aero wheels. What tires should I expect to be on the car from the factory?

I've seen both Hankook and Michelin, but Tesla doesn't really specify it anywhere
Got my M3 LR 3 weeks ago and it came with Michelin Primacy MXM4 235/45r 18. They are W rated for 160+ mph which means they get a 45K mile warranty from Michelin instead of 55K for the slower rated tires.

From what I’ve seen online (like most tires), people aren’t getting the rated life. They start having tread issues around 25K - 30K miles but the warranty should pro rate that.

Reactions: AlexVCo
I test drove an LR in Austin on Friday, which was brand new and just had a few hundred miles on it, and it came with the 18" MXM4's. Didn't like them personally, when accelerating out of corners they were scrubbing quite a bit. But I'd say you have a good chance of getting those.

I'm coming up on 60K on my 21 M3 LR, with the original Michelin Primacy MXM4s. So far I'm happy with them. As long as you keep them rotated at the proper interval, no more thant 6250 miles, have alignment checked at least annually, and don't drive it like you stole it, you should get similar results. Another thing I'd suggest is keeping it in "chill mode" unless you really need the extra power. The mor egradual power delivery, and a few other things supposedly, in that mode can help preserve the tires.

M3RWD SR 10/2023 build purchased 11/23 in New Jersey, USA came with hankook S1 AS sound absorber tires. I bought two used spares (with plugs) and didn’t realize one was not a sound absorber. The sound absorber one I got has foam glued to the inside. The second that was plugged was ruipped out.
3EF3DABD-1EEC-48F6-96FA-33513C86D58D.jpeg