Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 aero wheel trim removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be one of the few who actually likes the aero covers. The alloys look too small without

There are more people than you think ... I've tried with and without ...and I'm sticking with the covers. Every mile is precious on an SR+! Seriously though I like the "EV look" ... I'm not ashamed that this car looks different in several different areas and I like the look. Aside from aesthetics they are a boon in the winter ... very easy to clean compared with almost any other wheel design.

Reactions: MrBadger
If you are thinking of taking them off don't wait too long to decide:

Reactions: RazorCH3
If you are thinking of taking them off don't wait too long to decide:

Within the first few hours, maybe while at the SuC for the first time

I'll be removing mine before I drive the car away when I'm checking it over. That'll give me a look at the alloys underneath too to make sure there are no scrapes or any issues.
The Aero trims do mark the wheels, the clips are powerful.
But based on one spoke, serious application of a cutting polish followed by a re-polish will restore the surface.
Satisfied with this knowledge I stopped, I couldn't face doing the other 15 and anway a light coating of brake dust will hide the evidence.

Reactions: Nick77