Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 aero wheel trim removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went for a test drive of a M3LR after placing my order last week… very impressed with how well it drives, and pretty much everything about the car, apart from the aero wheels. The white M3LR in the showroom (Chester Tesla) had the trims removed on one side, and looked a totally different beast. The white looks really good with the black accents & door handles but the bare 10 spoke wheels suited it far better.

My question is; Does anyone actually remove them as I’ve not seen any on the road yet? I understand you lose some efficiency (@ 10%?) but is it worth it for the better aesthetics?

100% remove them. They look so much better without them and not even noticed the reduction in range. Loads of kits on eBay or Ali to cover up the wheel nuts and central cap, I went red…

9718ABB6-F4C3-4EF4-A9C9-EA27B2FC2486.jpeg

Took mine off pretty much from new. Plan was to put them back on on a long run. Did my longest run (140 miles) yesterday. Forgot. They are still in the loft. Probably took 5 miles off my range.
prefer the car without.

100% remove them. They look so much better without them and not even noticed the reduction in range. Loads of kits on eBay or Ali to cover up the wheel nuts and central cap, I went red…

View attachment 675462
Brilliant, thanks 👍🏻 Looks good too 😍
Took mine off pretty much from new. Plan was to put them back on on a long run. Did my longest run (140 miles) yesterday. Forgot. They are still in the loft. Probably took 5 miles off my range.
prefer the car without.
Thanks 👍🏻 Good to know the range isn’t affected much.

Reactions: Dilly
I removed mine almost as soon as I got home, one of the showroom cars at the Winchester location had them removed and I'd already made the decision that they had to go.

I ordered the new Tesla wheel centres, not in carbon fiber, this is the result...

Attachments

• Naked Wheel.jpg
    Naked Wheel.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: PaulMD