Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 delivery in Nov.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi:
This is my first post. My bmw leasing ends Nov. After that I'm planning to get M3 instead. Today contact tesla store, they told me there is almost no delivery in Oct to Nov. The earliest time to delivery would be in Dec. But if I order it now I can get the car in 2 weeks.
I don't want to have 2 cars same time but don't want wait 1 month without any car. Is that true tesla don't delivery model 3 in Oct and Nov?
thanks

If your lease is up in Nov, contact your dealer and see if they want to take your car back early.

That's what we did with our family car. We weren't using much due to Covid, but just kept it there for any outdoor family trips and when the dealer called to see if we were interested in returning the car early, we thought... well, why not?. It ended up saving us like 3-4mth payment and the insurance, which adds up a few thousand bucks. They made the decision on the spot and took the car over the same day.

And we did one long road trip after we returned the car that I got a SUV rental for a week, all for 5xx tax in.

Not sure which model you are getting, but if you are getting the SR+ for rebates, I'd suggest getting it earlier than later. 3 reasons:
1. The rebate can change at any time.
2. Model 3 just got its small update (USB-A to USB-C the "major" change. :D ) a few month back. People think the frunk got changed because 3s are soon adopting the heat pump Y employs... I would say eventually, yes, but given your timeline, I just don't see it happening yet. Y is still production restrained. They'd want to build as many Y as possible before sharing its parts. More likely next year.
3. The only regret I have after getting my 3? Not getting it earlier. :D

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Hi:
This is my first post. My bmw leasing ends Nov. After that I'm planning to get M3 instead. Today contact tesla store, they told me there is almost no delivery in Oct to Nov. The earliest time to delivery would be in Dec. But if I order it now I can get the car in 2 weeks.
I don't want to have 2 cars same time but don't want wait 1 month without any car. Is that true tesla don't delivery model 3 in Oct and Nov?
thanks
Thats because of the end of quarter push. Might be them wanting you to order now to get another car by end of sept. What they probably meant was all delivery visibility they have is focused on end of quarter. There is zero chance tesla has 'almost no delivery oct/nov'. Feel free to pm me if you have other questions. Happy to help convert another owner, and as Ovees says, you will wish you did it sooner once you get it :)

thank you guys to answer my question.I'm already convinced to switch.
Will order end of the month and see. will keep updated. I wish bmw dealer could terminate my lease 1 month early but since i'm not going to lease same brand the chance is low. will try to communicate.
Also , it looks battery day is coming big.
thank you!