Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Key Fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, they have sold more than one. Maybe even two.
No, it does not auto anything. You have to press the button to lock and unlock.
Is it worth it? My two cents? Yes.

Thats not the case.

It does auto lock and unlock. Model 3 Key Fob

Description
No hands required. Locking and unlocking your Model 3 has never been easier. Keep your key fob in your pocket and simply pull on the door handle for easy entry. Same with the trunk. Your key fob is automatically enabled when you pair with your vehicle.

I lost my first one, but found it so much better than the phone that I bought another. The original fob had "Model 3" written on the underside and did have to be pressed. The latest has "Tesla" on the underside and does not. The change of text is because the fob will be used by M3 and MY I suppose.

Only the latest model is sold in UK.

Reactions: Akikiki
Yes it does as long as the car isn’t sleeping. Opening the back door solves that though

Just double click the key fob to unlock the car and then the charge port can be opened, there's no need to open a door.

I bought a fob because my phone had naff bluetooth and the fob just works. Yes it does auto lock when you walk away from the car - the early original M 3 key fob did not but the current one does. Also you can click it to open the trunk or frunk, unlock or lock.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Does it open the charge port / unlock the cable, with a long press of the boot button?

(Took me about two years to find that out on my Model S...)
If its any consolidation to you, it wasn't always that way. Way back at the beginning, the car had to be unlocked before we could press the button on the UMC/WC handle to open it. It was added to the handle separately without unlocking later and the fob even after that.

Back in those days, there was an owner that figured out a way to use a generic 315 mhz frequency clicker that unlocked our charge port without unlocking the car. It was amazing at the time. I still have one. I can walk around in the SC parking lot opening dozens of charge ports. In those days the charge port didn't auto close either. Not that I ever did such a thing. Not me.

• Funny
Reactions: squarepeg77