Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Performance crushes the driveway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy,

It's not fair to gripe then not give compliments. That's what Trump does. Had to get that in.

Anyway, here's a video of our car going up the driveway. It's the first day all winter Craig hasn't been here early to plow. He's out getting some pow. I'll be out later.

As a backgrounder, when I first watched Al Gore's movie I sold one of our Audi's and bought a Prius. There's a little more to the story. I bought the Audi when I was still drinking and carrying on. The Old Lady didn't approve -- of the color.

The first day the driveway had not near as much snow as you see in the video, I got stuck. I couldn't make it up the driveway. And it was a powder day. I was pissed.

I sold the Prius the next day, bought an S6 Avant. So much for saving the planet. Every time I see an Imola S4 Avant I get nostalgic.

I have to say. I was a little worried today. Just a little.

I turned on Creep and Slip. Probably didn't need to. The car crushed the driveway. Whew. Now I don't have to sell it. ;-)

Our driveway is steep. The UPS guy won't go down it in the winter, neither will my friends with pickups. The tow truck has been here a few times, towing out visitors who didn't listen to me and park up top.

I'm impressed. The Old Lady didn't even give it the juice. She just tapped the pedal, the car went right up the driveway. Almost no slip. My short term memory was a toast a long time ago. But as the Old Lady says, it's as good as our last Audi - A7 w/stage 4 tune.

So there you go.

Now if I just could Elon to fix the wipers. ;-)

Here's pics of the Audi's I mentioned. I didn't have the Prius long enough to take any pictures.
S4 Avant - 1.jpg

S6 Avant - 1.jpg

A7 - 1.jpg

Howdy,

It's not fair to gripe then not give compliments. That's what Trump does. Had to get that in.

Anyway, here's a video of our car going up the driveway. It's the first day all winter Craig hasn't been here early to plow. He's out getting some pow. I'll be out later.

As a backgrounder, when I first watched Al Gore's movie I sold one of our Audi's and bought a Prius. There's a little more to the story. I bought the Audi when I was still drinking and carrying on. The Old Lady didn't approve -- of the color.

The first day the driveway had not near as much snow as you see in the video, I got stuck. I couldn't make it up the driveway. And it was a powder day. I was pissed.

I sold the Prius the next day, bought an S6 Avant. So much for saving the planet. Every time I see an Imola S4 Avant I get nostalgic.

I turned on Creep and Slip. Probably didn't need to. The car crushed the driveway. Whew. Now I don't have to sell it. ;-)

Our driveway is steep. The UPS guy won't go down it in the winter, neither will my friends with pickups. The tow truck has been here a few times, towing out visitors who didn't listen to me and park up top.

I'm impressed. The Old Lady didn't even give it the juice. She just tapped the pedal, the car went right up the driveway. Almost no slip. My short term memory was a toast a long time ago. But as the Old Lady says, it's as good as our last Audi - A7 w/stage 4 tune.

So there you go.

Here's pics of the Audi's I mentioned. I didn't have the Prius long enough to take any pictures.
View attachment 386018

View attachment 386019

View attachment 386020
WHEW! I was worried for a while there is was going to be CONSTANT whining from your earlier posts.

We have a ~250' long driveway and a couple really steep parts, especially at the bottom. We also tend to get a lot of freezing rain on the "warm days" of winter, and then it stays below freezing so you just have 2" or more of ice in your driveway all winter long. People get stuck on it all the time. I was always impressed how well my Volt did once I put snow tires on, it'd struggle but it'd manage to clamber up. I'd call it "The Mountain Goat". My P3D- on the other hand? Effortless. Its no mountain goat. Its The Snow Leopard.

Reactions: byeLT4
Howdy,

So there you go.

View attachment 386018

View attachment 386019

View attachment 386020
So wait, you watched the Al Gore movie and believed it? I’m still stuck on that.

So wait, you watched the Al Gore movie and believed it? I’m still stuck on that.

It's all a blur.

Seems like I was sitting in the movie, thinking it might be a good time to bring an end to the psychedelics I'd grown fond of, in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. I figured all the trips I was taking were bad for the planet. I felt guilty about it all. It was terrible.

But then, I came to my senses. I used the depression from the movie -- "We're toast" -- as an excuse to carry on.

To justify it all I bought a Prius. Now at least, I figured, all my trips were Green. I gave myself a big pat on the back, off I went.

Last edited:
It's all a blur.

Seems like I was sitting in the movie, thinking it might be a good time to bring an end to the psychedelics I'd grown fond of, in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. I figured all the trips I was taking were bad for the planet. I felt guilty about it all. It was terrible.

But then, I came to my senses. I used the depression from the movie -- "We're toast" -- as an excuse to carry on.

To justify it all I bought a Prius. Now at least, I figured, all my trips were Green. I gave myself a big pat on the back, off I went.

So wait a minute! You supplemented Al Gore's fixed income by going to his movie and then, after much reflection and much lysergic acid diethylamide, you made reparations by buying a Prius, selling it the next day, buying an S6 and then a M3? It all makes sense now. Huh........never made the connection, Mr. Obvious!

• Funny
Reactions: gilscales
Howdy,

So there you go.

View attachment 386018

View attachment 386019
WHY POLITICAL ON A TESLA CAR SITE????? BOO

View attachment 386020[/QUOTE