Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Rear Heated Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 9414CA72-FAD0-4DCC-AF1D-3DE194B01A45.jpeg
    9414CA72-FAD0-4DCC-AF1D-3DE194B01A45.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 332
Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure it did when I picked it up. Surely they wouldn't turn off hardware with the first software update?

You are pretty sure the button was there on the screen or you are pretty sure that you turned it on and confirmed the rear seats got warm? It's theoretically possible that SR+ really has the heating mechanism in the rear seats and it's turned off through software only but that seems like a crazy way to reduce the price of the car. So far nobody has attempted to take the rear seats apart to confirm or deny.

You are pretty sure the button was there on the screen or you are pretty sure that you turned it on and confirmed the rear seats got warm? It's theoretically possible that SR+ really has the heating mechanism in the rear seats and it's turned off through software only but that seems like a crazy way to reduce the price of the car. So far nobody has attempted to take the rear seats apart to confirm or deny.

I agree. But I think I remember seeing the option in my car last week (it wasn't needed). Perhaps I remember seeing it in the test drive car. Either way, it's an example of how the delivery and hand off of the different models can be improved. That being said, I'm very happy with the car!

Reactions: 0ptions
I’m willing to bet the heating elements are there in your rear seats and it is software limited. It’s like how they still make all the speaker grilles but some of the speakers aren’t turned on.

There’s a chance they accidentally gave you access to heated rear seats and took it away.

From reports the SR+ physically has most of the features the LR does- they just disable them in software (and didn't do so until after they'd already delivered some and then pushed out an update to them)- sounds like this is another example of that.

(other included satellite maps and ambient lighting)

I agree. But I think I remember seeing the option in my car last week (it wasn't needed). Perhaps I remember seeing it in the test drive car. Either way, it's an example of how the delivery and hand off of the different models can be improved. That being said, I'm very happy with the car!

I’m not sure they can improve the hand off, by going over features that you don’t have.
I wouldn’t want them running through the P3D features during pickup of my AWD non performance ....

Reactions: 0ptions and Dre78