Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 slight rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 is a quiet car so any rattles are annoying. After 2 months 2.5k miles I notice a quiet but persistent rattle/chatter from the drivers side door trim. It stops if I apply slight pressure to the trim.
I've raised a home service visit as it seems to be getting worse, anyone else had this? I'm assuming I won't be charged on a nearly new car...

May be usful...

• Informative
Reactions: Neilio
May be usful...

Thanks yes might well be similar...

M3 is a quiet car so any rattles are annoying. After 2 months 2.5k miles I notice a quiet but persistent rattle/chatter from the drivers side door trim. It stops if I apply slight pressure to the trim.
I've raised a home service visit as it seems to be getting worse, anyone else had this? I'm assuming I won't be charged on a nearly new car...
In general some cars are put together well and some aren’t even when they are new. Alfa used to be top of that list now Tesla lead the line up as alfas aren’t selling many cars. I don’t want to discourage you from reporting it but I think some of the rattles in Tesla are as common as number of things you can think of!

May be lowering your expectations slightly in terms of build quality might help in the long run unfortunately!

Don't waste time booking service visits.
We had far too many rattles on our M3. I fixed a few following leads from the net.

The service centre fixed most of the rest, by replacing two door cards and adjusting the seat belt fasteners. If it's bad, ask for it to be fixed.

The magnetic holder on the sun visors can rattle at times, and the sound always seems to come from somewhere else. Do try reseating the sun visor and see if that fixes anything.

• Informative
Reactions: Neilio
We had far too many rattles on our M3. I fixed a few following leads from the net.

The service centre fixed most of the rest, by replacing two door cards and adjusting the seat belt fasteners. If it's bad, ask for it to be fixed.

The magnetic holder on the sun visors can rattle at times, and the sound always seems to come from somewhere else. Do try reseating the sun visor and see if that fixes anything.
Same. Reseating, moving seats a little bit back and forth, once the source of the rattle is identified, it can be fixed at home. Of course, difficult ones require SC visits.