Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 sometimes won't shut "off" when I park - why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, and on some occasions, I'll park my M3, get out of the car, and go into my home - or a convenience store - or work.....and the headlights and wipers won't turn off as they should. I'll open the app, lock the car there, but nothing changes- lights stay on, as do wipers....I'll open the door, get in, and do a hard reboot- and that seems to fix it. I'm on 2022.36.6. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Open the driver’s door and close it again. Sometimes the car will bug - either due to a software issue, or more likely a flaky seat sensor, and stay on when you get out.
Ok- that worked. Thank you. I think it was a software issue as well - I received and installed the 2022.40.4 update and it seems to be "fixed" now. Another Tesla-introduced and fixed software bug, apparently?

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
This was happening to me. Also, I would get in the car and shut the door and everything would turn off even though I was sitting in the driver's seat. Turned out to be a defective seat sensor. Had it replaced and everything is fine now. When I contacted service they did have me reset the MCU to see if that would help, which it didn't.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2