Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 SR+ Delivered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my SR+ delivered yesterday and I never got a proper test drive prior to that. A test drive I took at the mall store left a poor impression.

I was worried about ride comfort, autopilot performance, and interior space.

I can definitely state that this car is revolutionary. The hype is real and the way it drives is a step above ICE vehicles. Autopilot performed flawlessly, the handling is like a sports car without a punishing ride and everything just seems to work.

My only remaining concern now is about charging. I won't be moving to a home with a level 2 charger for a few months so I'll have to rely on charging at work and superchargers in the mean time.

Use the 110 charger when parked at home. Most cars sit idle in the evening and overnight. You can charge for 10 -12 hours or more on 110 and get a reasonable overnight charge. It will be better when you move and get a nema 14-50 220 volt outlet but until then it is nice to wake up with more charge in the morning even if it is not as much as you would like.

Today I charged for the first time and it was at the Santa Ana Mall super charger. It only output about 30kW which I know is low (should be upto 120kW). I started the charging with about 60% so that and the fact that all chargers were in use probably affected the speed.

The Model 3 is unbelievably popular here in south OC. I see them everywhere and the super charger network is constantly busy. I also saw like 5 or 6 Model 3s at my workplace parking! How can Tesla stock be sinking? The delivery center was also full.

Here in Montreal (suburbs) I very rarely see any Tesla's. If I do it's an older S more often than a 3. When I get my SR+ I will have a unique ride.
Kinda of worth the 40% more we pay for it up here after currency exchange and about 6% more tax (15%) than in OC (9%).

The Model 3 is unbelievably popular here in south OC. I see them everywhere and the super charger network is constantly busy. I also saw like 5 or 6 Model 3s at my workplace parking! How can Tesla stock be sinking? The delivery center was also full.

The problem is that outside of the Bay Area and SoCal, sales are not even close to these top two areas for Model 3 sales. The issue is that Tesla needs the rest of the country to buy cars. These two places are already saturated.

Here in Montreal (suburbs) I very rarely see any Tesla's. If I do it's an older S more often than a 3. When I get my SR+ I will have a unique ride.
Kinda of worth the 40% more we pay for it up here after currency exchange and about 6% more tax (15%) than in OC (9%).
I go to Montreal one or twice a month on average(about an hour.5 away), and on my last two trips, I stopped counting at 6 Model 3's going the other way. I usually fill at the Dix/30, and I rarely see less then 4 other cars using the super charger there. About the same for Quebec City(Levis).

• Informative
Reactions: Kmartyn

That will likely change over the next 6 months. I see M3s regularly now in the GTA. You guys get that provincial rebate, and very good electricity rates, so it should become more popular. Remember the SR+ is still pretty new, and just starting it’s second wave of North American production. With Tesla’s quarterly cycle, they will be shipping like crazy in June. They have to beat last quarter to keep the stock price from dropping.

The problem is that outside of the Bay Area and SoCal, sales are not even close to these top two areas for Model 3 sales. The issue is that Tesla needs the rest of the country to buy cars. These two places are already saturated.
True that, also the stock price is based on the expectation of growth. Say wall street expects 100 cars get sold, but only 90 were sold, stock price goes down. Also, they look at demand potential. If people are still waiting months to get the car, that's a sign of huge demand, not seeing that now.
The good news is that Tesla's got virtually no competition within the price range. The proof is in the declining sales from all its competitors. The bad news is that Tesla's stock price was already over inflated by certain standard, so Tesla's stock price will remain highly volatile.

Congrats OP on the car, my 120V charging rate is about 5 miles per hour. I have 2k miles on the car and I do most of the charging at work. So no rush to install Nema 14-50 for me. since you're in california, I wouldn't expect significant range drop during *cold* months, if your commute is less than 50 miles a day and you can charge it for 12 hours a day, even 120v would work for you. You'll read it on the forum somewhere, just know not to charge it to 100% often.