Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3/Y Performance Upgrade over Time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been watching all the cool free upgrades MS Performance has been getting over the years. I haven't seen anything similar with the M3 Performance since its introduction (other than track mode which does not do anything for 0-60).

Now that the MS is down to near 2s territory, do you guys think they would unlock more power for the M3 Performance and bring it to under 3s?

Has anyone done research on what the raw max output of the pack is, and what that translates to current max power used by the M3 performance? Im assuming the newer 2170 cells have a way larger peak output than the 1860s in the old MS pack, so even with 25% less capacity im assuming the new M3 pack can at least come within 10% of the peak output of the MS pack.

I think the gap between MS and M3 is now large enough that they could squeeze more power into M3 /Y performance. Even if that means bring it down to 3.0 seconds so that elusive 2s is reserved for MS.

Been watching all the cool free upgrades MS Performance has been getting over the years. I haven't seen anything similar with the M3 Performance since its introduction (other than track mode which does not do anything for 0-60).

Huh?

The performance S got one free SW 0-60 upgrade in the last couple of years with the recent cheetah launch mode, and only for Raven models...and only taking 0.1 off the officially listed times.

The 3 has gotten two free 5% power upgrades that apply to every M3P ever made and both improved 0-60 times, taking roughly 0.3 off the 0-60.

So 2x the updates and 3x the actual improvement on the 3 versus the S.

• Love
Reactions: jjrandorin
It does not apply only to M3P in fact. I can confirm that I got those on my LR AWD 3 also.
Don't know about SR/SR+ however..

Yeah, but this OP started off with a false premise ("been watching all the free upgrades on model S over the years". along with stating that the 3 hasnt gotten any updates, and as @Knightshade points out, the OPs premise is simply false.

Now, the rest of the OPs "wish list" (which has been repeated here several times by several people" is that the model 3 performance be given another performance bump... because who doesnt like free speed, right?

I just find the revisionist history (no updates for model 3P while "all the cool free update" for model S, while glossing completely over the track mode upgrade just because it doesnt improve the 0-60 so that people can play "stoplight hero" a little faster. The track mode upgrade actually improves performance options where people should be looking for extra performance, which is, "on a track".

I wouldnt mind any additional free speed as much as the next person, but it feels very silly to "gloss over" track mode updates because it doesnt make the car faster 0-60, and to also somehow think that lowering the 0-60 time of the model 3 P should be easily doable.