Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3LR Strange knocking (after 9 days of no use)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

As the title says I went on vacation for about 9 days. The car sat inside the garage the whole time. Came back drove the car and immediately noticed a strange knocking in the front area (train, wheel, under) very prominent, not even on bumpy roads (random). The car handles and works perfectly fine fully functional (no alerts or weird behavior). I removed everything from the frunk checked the wheels, brakes, no leaks, fluids are normal... nothing seems out of place.

Its a 2020 M3LR (no modifications) 35,000 miles that has had zero issues. I have a service appointment this week but just curious if anyone experienced this when not using the car for a long period of time? Honestly I rather fix it myself if its something simple, than taking it to the SC since I haven't had to take it in almost 3 years.

Any of you handy/experienced Tesla owners have any ideas or suggestions where to look or check? I would like to identify the issue so I can tell the SC technicians before the say is within spec haha

Thanks in advance!