Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P. Chip in front bumper.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, while washing the car today I noticed that there is a chip in the front bumper. Not a big one but just wanted to get a feel of what the repair options would be.

I got the car ceramic'ed when I got it. Should have gone for a paint protection film instead.

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_203014.jpg
    IMG_20200711_203014.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 1,447
  • IMG_20200711_203019.jpg
    IMG_20200711_203019.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 413
I’ve a few small chips all at the front.... just noticed today . Any advice on a way forward would much appreciated !

also is everyone else’s front of the white Tesla M3 a bloodbath for flies ??!! Every day I’m home with a pile of splattered flies on the front !

Reactions: Gatsojon
I’ve a few small chips all at the front.... just noticed today . Any advice on a way forward would much appreciated !

also is everyone else’s front of the white Tesla M3 a bloodbath for flies ??!! Every day I’m home with a pile of splattered flies on the front !
Blue is too. And the little buggers are hi-viz !!
If you listen carefully, you can hear them excitedly shouting “Tesla!’ as they pile in :p

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB
Reactions: Drew57
I also have a tiny chip on the front moulding & a larger one on the sill below the front passenger door (from a stone).

I was about to buy one of these Chipex Model 3 Pearl White kits - anyone tried it?

Your Shopping Cart - Car Touch Up Paint & Repair Kit - Chipex UK
I’ve been looking at the Chipex PPSW Paint kit, but so far seen the reviews the colour match is not very good, doesn’t seem to have the pearlescent filler .. Shame as prior to get my M3P had a Solar Orange i3 and the Chipex kit was spot on, let’s hope it’s just a duff batch, as I need to find a suitable kit , since Tesla pricey PPWS kit seems only a available online in the U.S only !?

Hopefully my chipped paint saga is coming to an end.

I took mine to the dealer this week for various issues, (window slipping and vibration from the seat belt holder), and brought to their attention the excessive amount of stone chips for a new car.

Without question or argument, they immediately agreed to respray the front bonnet and bumper, accepting that the paint issues are known. - can’t fault the service at Tesla to date tbh they’ve always been super helpful with their repairs.

Hopefully my chipped paint saga is coming to an end.

I took mine to the dealer this week for various issues, (window slipping and vibration from the seat belt holder), and brought to their attention the excessive amount of stone chips for a new car.

Without question or argument, they immediately agreed to respray the front bonnet and bumper, accepting that the paint issues are known. - can’t fault the service at Tesla to date tbh they’ve always been super helpful with their repairs.
Which SC was this at?

Where do you get the chipex kit and is it the same white as the car?
Amazon. Yes it is Tesla Pearl white. But I haven’t tried it yet to see how good the match actually is. I’m not expecting miracles as we have 2 white Teslas and they don’t match each other! One is a 2018 and the other 2021. Parked side by side the 2018 car looks notably less white.

Reactions: Tigermad