Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Iphone Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla stopped including phone charging cables universally a while back...(ditto the 14-50 adapter) some folks have sporadically reported still getting some at delivery (maybe leftovers from service centers?) but I wouldn't count on it. You can buy them from Tesla online, or use generic ones if you get the right type... or some folks just skip it and buy a wireless charging pad.

Thanks for the update, on the spec where it says
  • Centre console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
I presume that is just the holder / space for it?

Yup... Tesla sells these:

Model 3 Phone Charging Cable

You can see in the install instructions it's basically running from the USB port under the panel where your phone sits, to the bottom of the panel, so that you can plug the phone in while it's resting there.

Many of the wireless chargers essentially sit on/replace that top pad shown there and plug into the same USB ports underneath

I bought the ones directly from Tesla before taking delivery and so far they are working as expected, which hasn't been my experience buying iPhone cables. For some reason, I only get a few months out of cables before the connections become intermittent, and yes I regularly clean the junk out of the ports.

GLM

Reactions: Ifestos