Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making final payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a delivery scheduled for Saturday (6/27) and I would like inspect the outside before making the payment (nice to look over the inside, but I don't think that is currently possible). he website wants me to add bank account and make the payment. Easier to do on a computer than on my phone. However, not sure they will accept checks giving Covid. How are people making the payment?

Have a delivery scheduled for Saturday (6/27) and I would like inspect the outside before making the payment (nice to look over the inside, but I don't think that is currently possible). he website wants me to add bank account and make the payment. Easier to do on a computer than on my phone. However, not sure they will accept checks giving Covid. How are people making the payment?
They accept checks. Even personal checks. Unless you're in a state that doesn't allow Tesla to sell, you should NOT pay before seeing and inspecting!

I said I wanted to see the exterior of the car before I made any payment due, which was only $7k for taxes, the rest is financing through Tesla. I am part of the Tesla Express pickup, I’m local to the factory, they said I needed to pay to confirm my pickup day and I can pickup anytime convenient for me. I guess no one will be onsite to collect payment. worse case I Will reject the car if the exterior is not up to par.

I said I wanted to see the exterior of the car before I made any payment due, which was only $7k for taxes, the rest is financing through Tesla. They said I needed to pay to confirm the scheduled pickup time. So I did. Worse case I Will reject the car if the exterior is not up to par.
This is totally bizarre and does not seem to be uniform across the Tesla SC. I am bringing a personal check to mine for the balance and an empty piece of paper that Tesla and I fill out AT DELIVER, from my USAA finance division which Tesla submits and then gets paid a few days later. Soooooo, technically, I will be giving them a uncashed check and loan/finance promissory paper and walk away with the car without them having received ANY money upfront (until they cash my personal check and get the money from USAA a couple days later). Of course, I may have just jinxed myself by typing all that.

This is totally bizarre and does not seem to be uniform across the Tesla SC. I am bringing a personal check to mine for the balance and an empty piece of paper that Tesla and I fill out AT DELIVER, from my USAA finance division which Tesla submits and then gets paid a few days later. Soooooo, technically, I will be giving them a uncashed check and loan/finance promissory paper and walk away with the car without them having received ANY money upfront (until they cash my personal check and get the money from USAA a couple days later). Of course, I may have just jinxed myself by typing all that.

maybe because locals picking up at the factory go through “Express Pickup”. Cars will be parked in numbered stalls when we arrive. Hopefully all goes smooth