Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Malfunction of Breaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a brand new Model X Plaid 2023 just bought 4 months ago and has less than 8000 miles on it.I have breaks not working properly with jerking.I request a Tesla service and getting messages to approve estimate of over $200. My question is that are break malfunction on a brand new Tesla Model X plaid is not covered under warranty.Why Tesla Service asking for approving me over $200 estimate.Any input.

Oh man. That is totally rip off. I had that happened to me once with another dealer. They said it will be under warranty but got charged anyway

When you show up, ask to go on a test ride to reproduce the problem. If the tech agrees it's an issue, then when you get back from the test drive, inform the SA that the tech agreed there was an issue and ask them to wave the diagnostic fee. For things that don't need test drives to demonstrate, show them each and every issue and ask them to wave the diagnostic fee.

If they refuse, tell them that you're not paying them to diagnose the item under warranty and that it will be considered a failed repair attempt should you need to see them for a buyback under the lemon law. I was able to get most things waved but in the end paid them about $500 in fees while my MXP was under warranty.

I got these back when I repurchased it back from me last August.

I bring the car at service center today but during the drive noted brakes working fine with no issue at all.I applied brakes multiple times with both slow and fast speed and no jerking sensation, smooth and flaw less function.I went to the desk inside the dealership and met with service rep and explained to him.He said fine and told me regen brakes are different and sometimes dust get accumulate and what needs to be done is to fast accelerate the car and put breaks once or twice and it should get drums clean.Anyway he said will cancel the appointment and I am good to go.