Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Malfunctioning middle seat latch handle (behind second row seat)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If some sits on or leans on the middle second row seat, the servo in the latch handle (which is behind the seat) thinks it is being activated and very annoyingly activates over and over.
Tesla coming to my house to fix it.
Did you find a solution to this? I’ve experienced the same issue, brought it to Tesla and they said it was a piece of rubber getting in the way, said it was “adjusted” and a few days later it came back. I made another appointment but now I can’t replicate it.

This is a hug SAFETY issue as my child sits in the middle seat and it unlocks on its own. Any advise?

Upvote 0
I am having this problem as well. I took car to SC 5 times already. They replaced the whole chair, the rails, the sensor, a whole new battery to the car (don’t know if it had to do with the short in the seat. It is still unlatching while my kids are in the seat and car is in motion. I thought my kids were playing with the button. So I rode in the seat while my wife drove. And my chair was sliding forward and lifting up like someone was trying to get in 3rd row. SC doesn’t know what to do. I wonder if it falls under a lemon. Hope my experience helps someone.

Upvote 0