Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EFC2EDAF-1283-4AC3-ABD8-0736E6DB44F2.jpeg
E033CA82-B367-46DB-821E-AFE3C7E4F1EA.jpeg
E033CA82-B367-46DB-821E-AFE3C7E4F1EA.jpeg
View attachment 390937
When comparing the Hard copy of the “Vehicle Configuration” to my on line Tesla account “Vehicle Profile”, I’ve noticed discrepancies.

The Motor vehicle purchase agreement vehicle configuration description:
long range all wheel drive performance, dual motor all wheel drive, premium white, pearl white multi coat, 18 inch arrow wheels, premium interior, enhanced auto pilot.

The Tesla online account lists:
exterior, pearl white paint, 18 inch arrow wheels,
interior, black-and-white premium interior,
options, enhanced auto pilot, premium interior.

Shouldn’t the on line account list:
Long range
Performance
Dual motor
Premium white

????

Last edited:
Is this a brand new purchase? They don't produce the P3D- anymore so all the P3D should have red calipers. The best way to find out what you have is to look in your Tesla App or in your car's info screen to see if there's a red underline under your Dual Motor wording. If there is a red underline, then you have a performance model.

the M3 was purchased new on 9-26-18
The “windshield sticker” does not say Performance, which I ordered and paid for.
The bill of sale says Performance, but my calipers are black.
Last week, I was hit by a woman who ran a stop sign while talking on her cell phone.
So, now my baby is in n the shop, awaiting parts. It occurred to me that Performance cars supposed to have red calipers.
I’m wondering if I paid Tesla for something I didn’t receive.
I can’t access the app because Vehicle in Service.

The “windshield sticker” does not say Performance, which I ordered and paid for.
Last week, I was hit by a woman who ran a stop sign while talking on her cell phone.
So, now my baby is in n the shop, awaiting parts. It occurred to me that Performance cars supposed to have red calipers.

You can still access your Tesla app on your phone, just open the app and scroll to the bottom, and you can see if it say Model 3 Dual Motor with a red underline. Most likely you have the P3D- as you still could order it back then, P3D- does not come with red calipers.

You can still access your Tesla app on your phone, just open the app and scroll to the bottom, and you can see if it say Model 3 Dual Motor with a red underline. Most likely you have the P3D- as you still could order it back then, P3D- does not come with red calipers.
I was not able to scroll down, but I did locate an old photo, which says Dual Motir and it is underlined in red. Wow! Thank you!
Now, I just need to make sure the replacement caliper is also performance.
You have all been tremendously helpful. I am grateful.

Your Tesla personal web page account is not a legal document. It can change at any time without your knowledge.

The legal document is "Motor vehicle purchase agreement vehicle" which can never be altered again.
Uh, not the online version. Mine changed twice during my order, to change the delivery date back two dates and then back to the original date. Of course, the printed version that you sign at delivery can't be changed after you sign it.

I was not able to scroll down, but I did locate an old photo, which says Dual Motir and it is underlined in red. Wow! Thank you!
Now, I just need to make sure the replacement caliper is also performance.
You have all been tremendously helpful. I am grateful.

Your car is a P3D-, so it should have the regular caliper like normal Model 3s. Back then when you bought your car, Tesla offered the $5K Performance Upgrade Package (PUP) which include the upgraded red caliper, rotors, 20inch wheels, and spoiler. You did not get the PUP so your car is a P3D- that has the regular caliper. Later on Tesla start including PUP for free for all Performance Model 3s, that's why right now all new Performance 3's have the red performance caliper.

People who paid $5K for the PUP package got a $5K refund from Tesla in exchange for their free super charging. P3D- owners like you also got a $5K refund from Tesla since you guys did not get the PUP for free.

So the 2 important points of this post is:
1. Your car has the regular caliper and not the performance one.
2. If you have not gotten $5K refund from Tesla for your P3D-, you should contact them.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam

Sorry about your car getting hit. How are you doing?

You got your car days after mine was delivered. I had ordered the AWD and was tempted to switch to the P3D- when it became available but decided not to. Was okay with the black interior. Since you don’t have 20” tires you don’t have the same brakes as the red P3D+ (PUP version). My AWD with 19” wheels has gray calipers BTW.

45B97793-6036-4E8C-BA7C-2B35040CD20B.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry about your car getting hit. How are you doing?

You got your car days after mine was delivered. I had ordered the AWD and was tempted to switch to the P3D- when it became available but decided not to. Was okay with the black interior. Since you don’t have 20” tires you don’t have the same brakes as the red P3D+ (PUP version). My AWD with 19” wheels has gray calipers BTW.

Thanks for asking SMAIset
Some whiplash, headache.
No fractures.

Reactions: SMAlset
I am at a loss. Sorry. According InsideEVs VIN decoder:

While the 8th digit of your VIN 5YJ3E1EB6JF099957 is "B" but it should be "4" for performance to be consistent with the article.

We'll need a VIN decoder expert to figure this out. Maybe your insurance can.

All the Performance Model 3s have 8th digit "B" just like the AWD cars, that's the fact for 2018 not sure if they changed anything for 2019.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam