Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manual app Easter egg

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read about the manual app Easter egg delivered with 2023.6.8 which is installed on my Y. I’m not seeing it within my infotainment center. Is there something I need to do to make it available there? The story I read in the Notatesla newsletter gave all detail except that part. Thanks, Dan

Hey MorrisonHiker. No it doesn’t. I appreciate this advice but understood the approach. I pressed and held an app within the infotainment center which set it up to move an app in place but the manual app didn’t appear. As this was an hidden update, an Easter egg update with 2023.6.8 I wondered if there was another requirement to make appear as there is with some Easter eggs. Or maybe 2023.6.8 didn’t install properly. I don’t know how to verify software updates after the fact. Note, I’ve manually rebooted my car since that update. Dan

Upvote 0
Hey MorrisonHiker. No it doesn’t. I appreciate this advice but understood the approach. I pressed and held an app within the infotainment center which set it up to move an app in place but the manual app didn’t appear. As this was an hidden update, an Easter egg update with 2023.6.8 I wondered if there was another requirement to make appear as there is with some Easter eggs. Or maybe 2023.6.8 didn’t install properly. I don’t know how to verify software updates after the fact. Note, I’ve manually rebooted my car since that update. Dan
I'll try on my S when it's back home this evening and see if I can figure out how to get it to show up.

Upvote 0
Hi. I wrote to the Tesla News newsletter (referred to as Not A Tesla App) and received a quick response. However, the responder didn’t know why. He considered that maybe Tesla is rolling this out regionally. They asked where I lived and suggested they would follow-up. In my opinion, Tesla News writes what Tesla provides, and also uses feedback from Tesla owners. So, the story was just the base info. The regional rollout is probably right. This Easter egg update is expected to be in the 2023.6.9 install as well according to Tesla News.

Upvote 0