Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manually Fold Mirror Button Missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nov 2017 MS. According to my manual I should manually fold the mirrors by hitting the button between the left adjust and right adjust buttons. However, on my car there’s no button there. I also can’t find it in any of the menus. What am I missing?

Attachments

• C38317A1-7B5F-42FF-8A16-DC8A586EAAC6.jpeg
    C38317A1-7B5F-42FF-8A16-DC8A586EAAC6.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 350
  • A7754EC4-462A-4BE5-91B9-E98AE57F23C0.jpeg
    A7754EC4-462A-4BE5-91B9-E98AE57F23C0.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 336
Nov 2017 MS. According to my manual I should manually fold the mirrors by hitting the button between the left adjust and right adjust buttons. However, on my car there’s no button there. I also can’t find it in any of the menus. What am I missing?

Can you push the thing between the mirror selectors? I can see the symbol for mirror fold isn't there on it, but it could still be a button? If not, yea, they messed up in a really odd way. Hopefully its a quick and easy fix. Ask Tesla for a year of maintenance of something for your hassle.

Can you push the thing between the mirror selectors? I can see the symbol for mirror fold isn't there on it, but it could still be a button? If not, yea, they messed up in a really odd way. Hopefully its a quick and easy fix. Ask Tesla for a year of maintenance of something for your hassle.

Definitely tried that haha. It’s not a button, it’s just hard plastic.

Reactions: KyleDay and croman
wow, that is strange. Taking my S75 in tomorrow to get the correct headlights installed. Took a while to convince them it has the wrong ones.

I get that they don't want to stop the factory line if they are out of parts, but it seems borderline fraudulent to deliver the car to a buyer and not disclose the substitution and schedule a time to remedy the issue when the parts are available.

wow, that is strange. Taking my S75 in tomorrow to get the correct headlights installed. Took a while to convince them it has the wrong ones.

I get that they don't want to stop the factory line if they are out of parts, but it seems borderline fraudulent to deliver the car to a buyer and not disclose the substitution and schedule a time to remedy the issue when the parts are available.

It’s obscene. Were you the one where they delivered it without adaptive headlights?

Not all model S's have the folding mirror. My 2013 Model S does not. Is your car an early model used or new?

The electronic owners manual does list things that are not in my 2013 build.

I purchased the car new from the inventory - it is a November 2017 build. The mirrors power fold in and out every time the car locks and unlocks.

The electronic owners manual in my vehicle always has a *Note or something in parentheses whenever it's talking about a non-standard feature.

Regardless, the car has power folding, auto-dimming, heated side mirrors. All these functions work.

Sometimes Tesla really makes me shake my head. My first service call after 1.5 days of ownership of a new car :)

So you just bought this car from Tesla, or was it a third party? I was wondering if this was maybe a salvage car and somebody replaced the door/switch with one from an old car...

So you just bought this car from Tesla, or was it a third party? I was wondering if this was maybe a salvage car and somebody replaced the door/switch with one from an old car...

The car was bought from Tesla's new inventory as a new car directly from Tesla showroom. I just called service and told them that the switch wasn't working but didn't go into detail. Waiting for a call back.

Edit: I think you're confused because of the build date of the car. It's a model that was used as a service loaner with 3,900 miles. However, it was purchased as a new car through their new inventory program.

Edit Edit: OMG. Is it possible the car was involved in an accident and they replaced it with the wrong part??

@Joelgjr -- I doubt it was in an accident or whatnot, but you should investigate to be reassured. I think an old part somehow got into the assembly process and no one else noticed (Tesla's award winning Q/A) the entire time (which is even more incredible since its an inventory with mileage)).

I bet robots just put the part in place and Tesla never actually presses the button to fold the mirror during their alleged Q/A checks (they can observe it works as you did when the car automatically does it).