Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 MYP order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update OD: 3/30 MYP Blue/black, no tow, no FSD.
Original EDD: June - July. Numerous changes to EDD in first few weeks.

5/28 EDD update: 6/8 - 6/22 (first two week window)
5/30: trade text
6/6: 7/25 - 8/29
6/24: 7/17 - 8/14
7/7: added FSD
7/10: 7/26 - 8/9

I’m a little annoyed why this is drawing out so long. Tesla said in early June that I was soft matched. Mid June said I was estimated a car to leave Fremont 7/20. Later told I was assigned a car to go into production 7/1. Still no VIN. Feels like I’m being strung along and we’re now talking over 100 days.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Kevin Glode

I’m a little annoyed why this is drawing out so long. Tesla said in early June that I was soft matched. Mid June said I was estimated a car to leave Fremont 7/20. Later told I was assigned a car to go into production 7/1. Still no VIN. Feels like I’m being strung along and we’re now talking over 100 days.

Any thoughts?
Seems long and for sure frustrating. I ordered 4 days earlier with the same exact specs.
Trade text: 6/2
VIN assigned txt: 6/23
Additional text on 6/23 asking if I would be ready for June delivery; I agreed.
Text to schedule delivery: 6/26
Took delivery at home on 6/28.
Total time from order to delivery 3 mths 2 days.
I visited local Tesla showroom in San Diego couple of weeks prior, due to concerns being out of country for the first two weeks of July. They made a note to my file about it. I wonder if that sped up the delivery or not...
Best of luck boulderbaker!

Seems long and for sure frustrating. I ordered 4 days earlier with the same exact specs.
Trade text: 6/2
VIN assigned txt: 6/23
Additional text on 6/23 asking if I would be ready for June delivery; I agreed.
Text to schedule delivery: 6/26
Took delivery at home on 6/28.
Total time from order to delivery 3 mths 2 days.
I visited local Tesla showroom in San Diego couple of weeks prior, due to concerns being out of country for the first two weeks of July. They made a note to my file about it. I wonder if that sped up the delivery or not...
Best of luck boulderbaker!
Thanks. I’m hopeful, but annoyed as heck!

Any thoughts?
You are not alone !
I ordered March 15th MYP black / black with tow and my EDD is July to September.
I contacted Tesla few days ago and the only thing they told me was that they believed I should have a VIN in the next 2 months… oooo thanks !
Still waiting …

You are not alone !
I ordered March 15th MYP black / black with tow and my EDD is July to September.
I contacted Tesla few days ago and the only thing they told me was that they believed I should have a VIN in the next 2 months… oooo thanks !
Still waiting …
Holy crap. That’s insane. I ordered the same car on the same date and took delivery of my black/black MYP on 6/22. Only mine didn’t have towing.

Holy crap. That’s insane. I ordered the same car on the same date and took delivery of my black/black MYP on 6/22. Only mine didn’t have towing.
Where are you located ? I am in Canada that’s the only thing I could think of … even that I don’t know 🤷‍♂️. You know when you go to a restaurant and their is always 1 person that doesn’t have is food… well that person is me now but we are not talking about supper ;)

Got to pickup my MYP this morning, cannot find any defects other than they were out of the rear quarter panel PPF and mudflaps and said would be done later. Going to see if my PPF guy can do the quarters when i take it to him for the front end this week. Ordered Rally armor flaps since kind of liked them before hand. Michelin tires so that was a plus for Ohio.

I was irritated after the first car was totaled in transit I lost trade in value. I am happy to say Tesla made it right and gave me the higher trade in. Delivery guys were great, car clean and inspected (he forgot one signature so got to head back in the next few days) included charger and adapters. Autopilot and cruise was calibrated about halfway home (about 15 miles on the freeway)

tiny slight orange peal on some paint but no worse if not better than my GMC truck not as good as my Toyotas had but more than acceptable to me.

Now on to PPF and ceramic to protect it from crappy Ohio weather and our fleets of careless dump truck drivers who never cover their loads or clean off their trucks.

Where are you located ? I am in Canada that’s the only thing I could think of … even that I don’t know 🤷‍♂️. You know when you go to a restaurant and their is always 1 person that doesn’t have is food… well that person is me now but we are not talking about supper ;)
I’m in Texas, took delivery in Houston. I agree that it has to be about location. Sucks, though. I hope you get your new tessie soon!

Final update:

OD: 3/30 MYP Blue/black, no tow, no FSD.

7/27: 8/7-21
8/1: VIN assigned and EDD updated 8/13-21
8/6: Text indicating vehicle left factory.
8/9: Requested to schedule delivery.
8/13: Picked up from Loveland, CO.

More than thrilled with the quality. Wait was totally worth it, although a painful process nevertheless. Be patient all.