Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP delivered with a defect, and that worked out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I was getting ready to go pick up my new MYP when I got a call from Tesla. They wanted to apologize because they found a crack in the windshield that apparently happened when they drove it back from a car wash. (Car had 2 miles on it). Another windshield already on order, and we set up an appt to have it replaced under warranty. They wanted to know if I wanted to reject it or accept it as-is and have it fixed later. Of course I said I'll take it, and off I drove. One mile later I'm getting on the freeway when a car in front throws up a rock and chips the windshield! Had I not had the first chip, my insurance would be paying for a new windshield.

Sometimes things just work out. So far I haven't seen any fit & finish issues. Red with White interior. Lead-footed it around town, got lunch with a/c left on, went to grocery stored with A/C left on and put 60 miles on it. Used about 25% of the battery. Charged up at home.