Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are almost at that point in the quarter where Tesla gives every car to California. This batch of VINs was probably the last chance for anyone on the east coast this quarter, sadly.
I don’t think this will be the case. There is a only so many people who ordered in California. They are having carrier delays. I think it will be an onslaught of deliveries across the entire country in June

I don’t think this will be the case. There is a only so many people who ordered in California. They are having carrier delays. I think it will be an onslaught of deliveries across the entire country in June
I agree. People in California are getting vehicles because the logistics are much less complicated. East coast is total opposite. I would think Tesla will want to get the vehicles delivered by the end of the quarter. The. Again I haven’t been assigned a VIN yet. I will feel better once they match me with a VIN.

I agree. People in California are getting vehicles because the logistics are much less complicated. East coast is total opposite. I would think Tesla will want to get the vehicles delivered by the end of the quarter. The. Again I haven’t been assigned a VIN yet. I will feel better once they match me with a VIN.
If you have a VIN on the east coast right now, you are safe this quarter. If not, I'd say there is a 10% chance that you take delivery. You'll start seeing people in Cali ordering cars in June and getting VINs that same day.

It's not fun, but it happens every quarter. Not to mention we have Memorial Day coming up, which will be a closure at the factory.

If you have a VIN on the east coast right now, you are safe this quarter. If not, I'd say there is a 10% chance that you take delivery. You'll start seeing people in Cali ordering cars in June and getting VINs that same day.

It's not fun, but it happens every quarter. Not to mention we have Memorial Day coming up, which will be a closure at the factory.
In the past yes but that’s when there was massive east coast deliveries in the 1/2 month of that quarter. Not the case this quarter. There’s been barely any which is why this one will for sure be different.

I agree but this batch would be matching VINs through tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

In the past yes but that’s when there was massive east coast deliveries in the 1/2 month of that quarter. Not the case this quarter. There’s been barely any which is why this one will for sure be different.
That doesn't matter. All Tesla cares about is delivering as many cars as they can and by this point in the quarter, leveraging California as a dumping ground is their best bet. Trust me, I'm as pissed about this as anyone but BMWY is prob right.

That doesn't matter. All Tesla cares about is delivering as many cars as they can and by this point in the quarter, leveraging California as a dumping ground is their best bet. Trust me, I'm as pissed about this as anyone but BMWY is prob right.
I am also pissed to see over and over again people whom buy MYLR’s switching to P’s and getting two weeks windows instantly. Then VIN’s within weeks of switching with identical configurations of others whom ordered P’s months before they switched! I agree if you are not in Cali and don’t have a VIN by this next weekend good luck this quarter!

I’m not mad at all. It is what it is. Remember though there’s only a limit of how many people In California ordered Ys. They can’t just give them to random people lol. They want deliveries. They will deliver them everywhere.

Unless I’m missing something I think June 15 would probably be the cut off. VIN assignment usually means delivery in 10-14 days or sooner. If you get a VIN before then you should get delivery before the end of the quarter as long as there are no delays when the vehicle gets to the delivery center.

Reactions: weathergeekdan
Unless I’m missing something I think June 15 would probably be the cut off. VIN assignment usually means delivery in 10-14 days or sooner. If you get a VIN before then you should get delivery before the end of the quarter as long as there are no delays when the vehicle gets to the delivery center.
Yes but the speculation is that supply chain/logistics to EC has been getting worse so the 2 week window calculation needs to expand. That puts the cutoff with this last batch of MYP’s (based on last week VINs stopping Sun/Mon).