Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:

Order Date: 3/6
Profile Completion Date: 3/7
MYLR MSM White w/ black interior
19” wheels; no Tow; 7 seat; FSD added

Original EDD: August 2022
EDD Update 1: May 2022 (coincided with the apparent temporary policy change to push up dates for those ordering FSD)
EDD Update 2: July 24 to September 12 (seemed to coincide with rescinding the FSD delivery date boost, pushing me back to my original August estimate (plus / minus a few days))
EDD Update 3: Oct 2022 to Jan 2023 (same as if I ordered the same model today!!)
EDD Update 4: June 12 to June 26
EDD Update 5: Dec 2022 to Mar 2023

EDD Update 6: October 26 to December 21

Update:

Order Date: 3/6
Profile Completion Date: 3/7
MYLR MSM White w/ black interior
19” wheels; no Tow; 7 seat; FSD added

Original EDD: August 2022
EDD Update 1: May 2022 (coincided with the apparent temporary policy change to push up dates for those ordering FSD)
EDD Update 2: July 24 to September 12 (seemed to coincide with rescinding the FSD delivery date boost, pushing me back to my original August estimate (plus / minus a few days))
EDD Update 3: Oct 2022 to Jan 2023 (same as if I ordered the same model today!!)
EDD Update 5: Dec 2022 to Mar 2023

EDD Update 6: October 26 to December 21
Thanks for this update. To bad they didn't keep you with the May or June dates. But this is helpful data to see how the system is working now. Especially in regards to FSD orders that were really being prioritized around March.

I'm once again considering changing my color to Blue from MSM so that my order becomes an "optioned" order instead of a base order. Hoping that would give me an EDD similar to yours. However, my SA told me if I made that change I'd go back of the line with new orders but it doesn't seem that is happening to others. I'm waiting for my EDD to reset from the placeholder Mar-June '23 (assuming it will) to see where my date range falls. I'm guessing I'm going to end up with some sort of late Dec to Feb specific range based on other March orders like yours. Doesn't seem like any of the Mar-June have been reset yet...only the Dec-Mar ones.

Thanks for this update. To bad they didn't keep you with the May or June dates. But this is helpful data to see how the system is working now. Especially in regards to FSD orders that were really being prioritized around March.

I'm once again considering changing my color to Blue from MSM so that my order becomes an "optioned" order instead of a base order. Hoping that would give me an EDD similar to yours. However, my SA told me if I made that change I'd go back of the line with new orders but it doesn't seem that is happening to others. I'm waiting for my EDD to reset from the placeholder Mar-June '23 (assuming it will) to see where my date range falls. I'm guessing I'm going to end up with some sort of late Dec to Feb specific range based on other March orders like yours. Doesn't seem like any of the Mar-June have been reset yet...only the Dec-Mar ones.
I really don't think you can predict how quick it will come based on color. Say they batch them out for instance like so: White 1000, Black 500, MSM 500, Blue 100, Red 100 (these are not real numbers just an example). If you are 101st Blue, you will still run into the next Blue batch. I think there is no way to calculate the probability that you would make an earlier batch unless you knew exactly how many people ordered which color, knowing how Tesla's batching works, and how many of which color are going to end up damaged in the whole process.

I really don't think you can predict how quick it will come based on color. Say they batch them out for instance like so: White 1000, Black 500, MSM 500, Blue 100, Red 100 (these are not real numbers just an example). If you are 101st Blue, you will still run into the next Blue batch. I think there is no way to calculate the probability that you would make an earlier batch unless you knew exactly how many people ordered which color, knowing how Tesla's batching works, and how many of which color are going to end up damaged in the whole process.
I understand that.
I'm switching from a no options MSM order that has a default 3 month longer wait time than an order with any single option (color, tow, white int, FSD, 20").
With MYP you certainly get prioritized right where your order would have been if you'd ordered MYP from the start. So if I went MYP I'd probably have a VIN in a week as they are already fulfilling Mar 11th MYP orders (of course still subject to batches of colors etc).
What I don't know is if keeping my order MYLR but changing to blue to make mine an "optioned order" will improve my EDD to what a March 11th optioned order would be. Originally that would have been September and now seems like Oct-Dec based on the latest updates like the poster I quoted.

I was thinking about adding towing to my Y, but will that send me to the back of the line too? (ordered in March)
I'm guessing it won't change things for you as you already have an optioned order and this will just be another option. But I don't know for sure as my SA told me if I changed my order I'd go to back of the line. But reading other's experiences on here that just doesn't seem to be the case.

Reactions: pat8839
OD : March 16 2022
Model Y Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Color: Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
Tow Package
Original EDD : September 2022

Not sure when it happened but my estimated delivery date shifted to Nov 8 - January 13.

My original plan was to replace my 3 with the Y but I was rear ended ant he 3 is likely totalled so I decided to swap my order to the performance model (white) to speed things up. We'll see what happens with that.

Tow Package

Not sure when it happened but my estimated delivery date shifted to Nov 8 - January 13.

My original plan was to replace my 3 with the Y but I was rear ended ant he 3 is likely totalled so I decided to swap my order to the performance model (white) to speed things up. We'll see what happens with that.
With a March 16th OD and being in CA, I bet you have a car within a week. Certainly by months end.

Reactions: Kkachi
Tow Package

Please keep us updated on edd. I have a mylr on order with the exact edd as you and am thinking of upgrading to the myp for a quicker delivery.

Reactions: mrazndead
MYLR/White Ext/Black Int/19”/7 seater/no Tow/no FSD
Ordered: 3/19
Profile Complete: 3/19
EDD: October
6/6: Dec 2022 - March 2023
6/9: Nov 13 - Jan 8

Anyone know how many MYLR 7 seaters are getting delivered. Seems like all of these configs have been pushed into Q4 or later?

8-9 month avg delivery has me guessing we’ll see delivery in Dec, as a part of a hard end of year production ramp for Tesla shipments to meet revenue.

MYLR/White Ext/Black Int/19”/7 seater/no Tow/no FSD
Ordered: 3/19
Profile Complete: 3/19
EDD: October
6/6: Dec 2022 - March 2023
6/9: Nov 13 - Jan 8

Anyone know how many MYLR 7 seaters are getting delivered. Seems like all of these configs have been pushed into Q4 or later?

8-9 month avg delivery has me guessing we’ll see delivery in Dec, as a part of a hard end of year production ramp for Tesla shipments to meet revenue.
Let's hope this is the case

VIN Assigned this morning 🎉

OD: 3/26 for MYP (Blue/white + tow + FSD)
Original EDD: June - July
4/5 Updated EDD: 6/6 - 7/18
4/18 Updated EDD: 6/8 - 7/13
5/18 Updated EDD: 6/11 - 7/9
6/4 Updated EDD: 6/16 - 6/30
6/10 VIN Assigned: EDD 6/16-6/20
I like that! Ordered 1 day before me and about the same window. Hopefully I’m next!