Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY LR
Midnight Silver
Gemini Wheels
Black Interior
5-seat
Tow Hitch

San Antonio,TX

OD 3/10/22
VIN 7/1/2022 (Austin MY LR)
Scheduled Delivery 7/12/2022

Total Wait 4 months, I got lucky I think

Original EDD was Sept to January
EDD Sept 28-Nov4
EDD June 28-July 6

Contacted to take delivery EOQ

This didn't work out apparently because my EDD was updated
6/29/2022 - EDD July 6-July 20
Lucky you! I ordered a few days after you did and my EDD is still November-December 2022. Congrats!

MY LR
Midnight Silver
Gemini Wheels
Black Interior
5-seat
Tow Hitch

San Antonio,TX

OD 3/10/22

EDD Sept 28-Nov4
EDD June 28-July 6

Wow, that's basically an MYP turn around time. MYLR is usually in the 6-10 months waiting game.

Update OD: 3/30 MYP Blue/black, no tow, no FSD.
Original EDD: June - July. Numerous changes to EDD in first few weeks.

5/28 EDD update: 6/8 - 6/22 (first two week window)
5/30: trade text
6/6: 7/25 - 8/29
6/24: 7/17 - 8/14
7/7: added FSD
7/10: 7/26 - 8/9

I’m a little annoyed why this is drawing out so long. Tesla said in early June that I was soft matched. Mid June said I was estimated a car to leave Fremont 7/20. Later told I was assigned a car to go into production 7/1. Still no VIN. Feels like I’m being strung along and we’re now talking over 100 days.

Any thoughts?

Update OD: 3/30 MYP Blue/black, no tow, no FSD.
Original EDD: June - July. Numerous changes to EDD in first few weeks.

5/28 EDD update: 6/8 - 6/22 (first two week window)
5/30: trade text
6/6: 7/25 - 8/29
6/24: 7/17 - 8/14
7/7: added FSD
7/10: 7/26 - 8/9

I’m a little annoyed why this is drawing out so long. Tesla said in early June that I was soft matched. Mid June said I was estimated a car to leave Fremont 7/20. Later told I was assigned a car to go into production 7/1. Still no VIN. Feels like I’m being strung along and we’re now talking over 100 days.

Any thoughts?
You are not alone and I feel you.
I ordered on March 15th MYP Black/ black with tow and my EDD is July to September.

The fact you added FSD you may have It faster but you just added so don’t know ..
Anyway good luck !

I ordered on March 15th MYP Black/ black with tow and my EDD is July to September.

The fact you added FSD you may have It faster but you just added so don’t know ..
Anyway good l

Anyway good luck !
Good luck to you too. You’ve been waiting longer than I have and I hope yours comes soon!

MY LR
Midnight Silver
Gemini Wheels
Black Interior
5-seat
Tow Hitch

San Antonio,TX

OD 3/10/22

EDD Sept 28-Nov4
EDD June 28-July 6

After getting insurance setup, down payment, and loan funded (all the while talking to Tesla customer service) I received a call about an hour after my loan was funded this afternoon that the car never arrived in San Antonio on Saturday afternoon like it was supposed to. The car is still at Giga Texas (along with 8 others bound for San Antonio) with no transport trucks or drivers available to get it to San Antonio. Due to laws here in Texas, all cars built at Giga Texas must be exported and imported (Driven out of state and then back into the state). So now they "think" it will be here on Friday for delivery on Saturday. Fun times

After getting insurance setup, down payment, and loan funded (all the while talking to Tesla customer service) I received a call about an hour after my loan was funded this afternoon that the car never arrived in San Antonio on Saturday afternoon like it was supposed to. The car is still at Giga Texas (along with 8 others bound for San Antonio) with no transport trucks or drivers available to get it to San Antonio. Due to laws here in Texas, all cars built at Giga Texas must be exported and imported (Driven out of state and then back into the state). So now they "think" it will be here on Friday for delivery on Saturday. Fun times
Could be worse, mine was totaled 2 days before delivery (6/18) waiting on a new one ... while tesla has my money and keeps reducing my trade value.

Got my first 2 week window this morning: July 23-Aug 6. Ordered 3/12. MYLR, MSM, black int., basic autopilot, Geminis, with tow. This was a bit of a surprise since my last window was Sept 20-Nov 1
Lucky, I ordered literally 5 days after you, but I'm from Illinois. Mine have not moved from the Nov 24-Jan 19 EDD for about a month now, hopefully something will change in the next week or so. Crossing my fingers and toes😁

Reactions: sveetcharm
Lucky, I ordered literally 5 days after you, but I'm from Illinois. Mine have not moved from the Nov 24-Jan 19 EDD for about a month now, hopefully something will change in the next week or so. Crossing my fingers and toes😁
Well, I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet, but it did motivate me to go ahead and get my wall connector installed. I have a bunch of basic accessories saved in an Amazon cart - waiting on the VIN to "buy now" 😁

Well, I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet, but it did motivate me to go ahead and get my wall connector installed. I have a bunch of basic accessories saved in an Amazon cart - waiting on the VIN to "buy now" 😁
Not sure I understand the delivery dates lately. Some people are getting updates of EDD coming in sooner and others later. Mine just got pushed back 2 months this morning from sept-oct to Nov-Jan.

I ordered 3/08/22 and have the same exact EDD of Nov. 24 to Jan. 19, after previous EDDs of "August," "September," and briefly "Dec-March." Seeing people with similar configs, different ODs, and different locations get wildly different and seemingly random EDD changes is enough to drive one batty!

Yup, it doesn't make any sense why some people with earlier OD gets later EDD and some later OD gets earlier EDD's. My friend who order in September 2021 still haven't gotten her MYLR with no options. Her EDD switch from Feb-April to June-August. She is not very happy; however, I don't know if changing her address affected her delivery date. She moved from Illinois to Texas in February.

Yup, it doesn't make any sense why some people with earlier OD gets later EDD and some later OD gets earlier EDD's. My friend who order in September 2021 still haven't gotten her MYLR with no options. Her EDD switch from Feb-April to June-August. She is not very happy; however, I don't know if changing her address affected her delivery date. She moved from Illinois to Texas in February.
I might be over thinking this, but I was wondering, considering the outstanding demand of Tesla vehicles, it might be beneficial for tesla to ignore the orders which are older than a certain date range in past. Just thinking from our March orders perspective, Tesla would be losing roughly 5-7k on each car they deliver to us instead if they manage to hook a new costumer as the price of car has risen multiple times since our orders.
So if they don't manage to deliver a car to a costumer within a certain date range, then based on the price increases and rising cost of material Tesla may start to lose money. I couldn't think of any feedback mechanism that would keep this conspiracy seeming idea in check.
I am definitely over thinking this, so it would be great if someone has a counter experience or provide a counter argument.

My EDD got pushed from 14 Sept - 28 Oct to 17 Dec - 11 Feb yesterday.

I might be over thinking this, but I was wondering, considering the outstanding demand of Tesla vehicles, it might be beneficial for tesla to ignore the orders which are older than a certain date range in past. Just thinking from our March orders perspective, Tesla would be losing roughly 5-7k on each car they deliver to us instead if they manage to hook a new costumer as the price of car has risen multiple times since our orders.
So if they don't manage to deliver a car to a costumer within a certain date range, then based on the price increases and rising cost of material Tesla may start to lose money. I couldn't think of any feedback mechanism that would keep this conspiracy seeming idea in check.
I am definitely over thinking this, so it would be great if someone has a counter experience or provide a counter argument.

My EDD got pushed from 14 Sept - 28 Oct to 17 Dec - 11 Feb yesterday.
Yep bingo... Switch to P and get your car faster... Rates keep going up up up...