Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m following the other forums.

Seems like the January 2022 MYLR people are just now getting vins. My guess is that means October is mainly for Feb people and November is mainly for us.

Let’s hope for earlier though!

W up guys it’s sooo quiet here, any moving since last time? No worries they eventually coming soon ,we still have hope that this coming real any time soon.
So let’s enjoy and spend some rime shopping car accessories.
See you next morning ……

Boom...

After months of showing three different EDDs all in mid November to late December, today we updated to late October to first week of December.

I was optimistically hoping for this on the premise that Austin production is making increasing impact on delivery dates.

OD 3/19/22 MYLR Blue/black, tow. Delivering in Richmond Virginia.
I ordered 10 days earlier with the same delivery estimate in MD. Really hoping for a Texas built VIN or I may delay delivery. I will take either battery pack if its structural. 7.5K rebate for a better car is a big temptation. Also a buddy of mine ordered almost 4 months later and has a delivery estimate only 1.5 months after mine. Texas ramp up must be going well.

Reactions: sveetcharm
Very interesting.

I have the exact same specs for my order, my window EDD is only 4 days before yours, but my order date was almost 2 weeks before yours
Sometimes these EDDs make no sense. I also have same specs with a March 11th OD and EDD Sep 28- Nov 2. Is it because I'm in Canada? If Tesla doesn't squeeze me into EOQ will I get a significant bump out? (Tesla doesn't deliver much first 1-2 weeks of a new quarter).

I see from your previous posts that you ordered March 8th....price increase happened March 9th.....is that why your EDD is not much better than a March 25th order? Tesla does seem to give some preference to higher margin orders.

Hard to make sense of anything when it comes to Tesla deliveries.

Reactions: sveetcharm
Sometimes these EDDs make no sense. I also have same specs with a March 11th OD and EDD Sep 28- Nov 2. Is it because I'm in Canada? If Tesla doesn't squeeze me into EOQ will I get a significant bump out? (Tesla doesn't deliver much first 1-2 weeks of a new quarter).

I see from your previous posts that you ordered March 8th....price increase happened March 9th.....is that why your EDD is not much better than a March 25th order? Tesla does seem to give some preference to higher margin orders.

Hard to make sense of anything when it comes to Tesla deliveries.
What I see from Tesla is standard supply chain science. I would expect a factory to have a production cycle to move through. In the automotive world the cycle is often based on paint color. Each paint scheme is run for a calculated number of cars before moving to the next color. For a sold out factory the number of cars of a specific color will be more. This is the essence of Economic Order Quantity.

It does not surprise me in the least that all blue Model Ys ordered let's say from late February to early April are actually produced in a two week window.

Once the cars are built the shipping process starts. The minimum batch size for shipping is one truck load or one railcar full. For a shipment crossing a national border maybe the minimum shipment is a couple railcars. Each service center needs to get regular shipments. For the biggest service centers maybe there are sufficient orders for say a full truck load of blue Model Y's to get delivered together. For the rest the truck has to wait for a full truck load with a mix of colors. Bottom line is some service centers get more frequent shipments.

Above is some what a simplification.

So yeah, some people who ordered after you will get car sooner. The optimal system is not first in first out.

Does anyone know if the current deliveries in the mid Atlantic are coming from Texas yet or still Fremont models? VINS should be flowing for people who ordered in Jan/Feb by now.
@Cherokee180c
MYLR - Gray / White Interior - No Tow - No FSD - 19”Gemini
OD - 3/09/2022
EDD: Sept ’22 ; Nov ‘22 through Feb ‘23

MYLR : Gray/ Black Interior - no tow, no FSD -19"
OD : 3/1/2022
EDD : Nov28 - Jan 9 '23
from Wilmington DE