Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So basic question about insurance, do you need to have a specific Tesla insurance set up prior to picking up the car? Do you just call your insurance company and it’s pretty quick over the phone once Tesla confirms delivery date?

Finally!!!!!!! After 11 Months!

I got this Model Y for both my parents as a gift.

Ordered Model Y White w/ Black Interior LR Dual Motor with 20" Induction Wheels on OCT 15 2021

Backstory:
From Bucks County
Got delayed 10 times
Received Text that it shipped from Austin on 9/8/2022
Picked up yesterday Sept 21 2022 @ Devon, PA
Only had a choice to pick up either Wed or Thurs. Also, the Sales Advisor told me the Devon location averages 30-50 pickups a day.

Day of Pickup Story:
Super friendly Service Advisor. Did 3rd party financing with NFCU and put in a hefty downpayment as well.
1 Hour in and out process. Had them charge my car to 90% since it was at 57% and I had a far commute and still am getting my charging situation figured out at home.

Notes/Takeaways:
No Mobile Charger but had a voucher email sent 2 weeks before picking it up
Came with Charging Converter that's normally 50$
No License Place Frame (Biggest Upset since i heard from elon musks twitter that he has gotten rid of it since there's shortages of them)
My car came with Lumbar support which is what they got rid of in 2021 and it also had heated seats and I believe the matrix headlights unless I'm wrong. I can't tell the difference though. Also, the wood trim on the panels.
Had to get a state inspection separately and did it at AAA Midatlanic Service Center today.

Reactions: sveetcharm
Finally!!!!!!! After 11 Months!

I got this Model Y for both my parents as a gift.

Ordered Model Y White w/ Black Interior LR Dual Motor with 20" Induction Wheels on OCT 15 2021

Backstory:
From Bucks County
Got delayed 10 times
Received Text that it shipped from Austin on 9/8/2022
Picked up yesterday Sept 21 2022 @ Devon, PA
Only had a choice to pick up either Wed or Thurs. Also, the Sales Advisor told me the Devon location averages 30-50 pickups a day.

Day of Pickup Story:
Super friendly Service Advisor. Did 3rd party financing with NFCU and put in a hefty downpayment as well.
1 Hour in and out process. Had them charge my car to 90% since it was at 57% and I had a far commute and still am getting my charging situation figured out at home.

Notes/Takeaways:
No Mobile Charger but had a voucher email sent 2 weeks before picking it up
Came with Charging Converter that's normally 50$
No License Place Frame (Biggest Upset since i heard from elon musks twitter that he has gotten rid of it since there's shortages of them)
My car came with Lumbar support which is what they got rid of in 2021 and it also had heated seats and I believe the matrix headlights unless I'm wrong. I can't tell the difference though. Also, the wood trim on the panels.
Had to get a state inspection separately and did it at AAA Midatlanic Service Center today.
*Correction* I meant it came with a Heated Steering Wheel

First time poster.

Ordered the five seater in midnight silver with white interior, the standard wheels/rims, and added a tow hitch. This was in March of this year.

EDD changed from late November - mid December --> September 22 - Oct 5 --> October 28 - December 2nd.

Initially I was pleasantly surprised by the delivery date window narrowing down so much. But, then just this morning disappointment sunk in when I saw the new EDD.

I wish there was at least some kind of written update via email or something that I could get. Why have the EDD jump to a much sooner date only to update only a day after that new window had begun and to a later time? Was it an error? Is there a delay? Were they just messing with people?

First world problems blah, blah, blah. But, I got ahead of myself and even ordered the all weather mats and the center console bin liners, plus a road trip from AZ to CA in my new car for Thanksgiving break. Guess they'll sit here for a while. :/

First time poster.

Ordered the five seater in midnight silver with white interior, the standard wheels/rims, and added a tow hitch. This was in March of this year.

EDD changed from late November - mid December --> September 22 - Oct 5 --> October 28 - December 2nd.

Initially I was pleasantly surprised by the delivery date window narrowing down so much. But, then just this morning disappointment sunk in when I saw the new EDD.

I wish there was at least some kind of written update via email or something that I could get. Why have the EDD jump to a much sooner date only to update only a day after that new window had begun and to a later time? Was it an error? Is there a delay? Were they just messing with people?

First world problems blah, blah, blah. But, I got ahead of myself and even ordered the all weather mats and the center console bin liners, plus a road trip from AZ to CA in my new car for Thanksgiving break. Guess they'll sit here for a while. :/

I have a similar timeline, difference being my EDD is staying put at Sep 25 - Oct 9 . Did you get a text from Tesla about your car being built and delivered in September ? Also, which floor mats did you order ?

I have a similar timeline, difference being my EDD is staying put at Sep 25 - Oct 9 . Did you get a text from Tesla about your car being built and delivered in September ? Also, which floor mats did you order ?

I'm glad to hear you're luck and they kept the earlier EDD for you!

They haven't provided any communications at all via text or email. Just the updated EDD in the app.

I ordered the all weather mats for the front and back seats as well as the trunk. They shipped and we're delivered in a very quick turn around time. So, I was pleased with that at least. Now I just need my Model Y to show up. 😅

Reactions: sveetcharm
I
First time poster.

We will get there no worries i order my Y L R 20 /tow white /black .. back in March this year ,still have the same EDD like yours still waiting for the car 🚗 to show up.
I believe that this is computer EDD generated dates .
Yes I know it is stressful and definitely you can’t plan forward vacation or travel because of constant delays and changes on EDD . But hey you might be get the latest update product futures so good 😊 luck to everyone keep hope. Take care .

Reactions: PewPew
I still think it’s impossible to be that quick tho, I ordered mine at 3/11 and mine still don’t come until next month, unless his is MYP version but within one month from order doesn’t sound right even for the MYP version if it’s 8/17

I still think it’s impossible to be that quick tho, I ordered mine at 3/11 and mine still don’t come until next month, unless his is MYP version but within one month from order doesn’t sound right even for the MYP version if it’s 8/17
There are MYPs getting delivered within 1 month now. Although still many waiting 3-4 months. I know there was a recent post in the MYP thread with a guy that just waited one month.
There have already been MYLR deliveries with March orders but not many. I think most (all?) were Austin builds.

As far as making sense of the dates...there is no way to do so....look at my order, same day as you....I have EDD Sep 28-Nov2....doesn't follow any pattern.

There are MYPs getting delivered within 1 month now. Although still many waiting 3-4 months. I know there was a recent post in the MYP thread with a guy that just waited one month.
There have already been MYLR deliveries with March orders but not many. I think most (all?) were Austin builds.

As far as making sense of the dates...there is no way to do so....look at my order, same day as you....I have EDD Sep 28-Nov2....doesn't follow any pattern.
Yea which is very confusing , waiting for such a long time, times just get closer but very slow at a certain point lol

EDD update this morning. 5 week to 4 week but pushed a week later with 2 weeks cut off the front end. Makes sense as it seems too late now for them to get me a car by EOQ which is likely why I had Sept 28th in my previous EDD in case they did.

New EDD: Oct 13th to Nov 10th
Previous EDDs:
(8/10): Sep 28 to Nov 2
(8/3): Nov 6 to Dec 18
(7/7): Nov 12 to Jan 7 (After adding blue color option on 7/6)