Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? December? That’s crazy. I ordered mine March 1st, I guess I did have blue color option but my initial order EDD was July.

The most frustrating thing at the moment is seeing people with same builds with later order dates get theirs first. Doesn’t seem right to me. I underestimated the push for quarterly numbers from the company being more important than actually fulfilling orders. Basically if you live near a factory you’re front of line and screw everyone else.
There are still November 2021 orders just getting VINs.
By the time I ordered on March 11th the EDD for an optioned order was either Aug or Sept and the no option order was Dec. I think the no option order may have been Nov on March 1st but EDDs slipped quickly as gas prices went crazy. As soon as the 2nd March price increase happened on March 13th the EDDs went to broad 3-4 month windows as orders flooded in and I believe no-option orders had that window into 2023.

Hey, so my order was mid march, model y SoCal. I was given a vin a couple of weeks ago but wasn’t really ready at the time so let it roll over into “hold”. I got the message a few days ago that my order will be cancelled this weekend if I don’t finalize delivery.

so my question is… What’s the timing like if I change my order from hold to “I’m ready” tonight? Am I likely to get a vin and car within the next week or two? Or is it more likely to be weeks/months? As for type, it is a red LR model y, no autopilot. Fremont I assume being in SoCal.

i know no one can tell me for sure, but I’m curious what the average wait would be in my situation, and maybe what the odds would be of getting a 2023 vin

thanks

Hey, so my order was mid march, model y SoCal. I was given a vin a couple of weeks ago but wasn’t really ready at the time so let it roll over into “hold”. I got the message a few days ago that my order will be cancelled this weekend if I don’t finalize delivery.

so my question is… What’s the timing like if I change my order from hold to “I’m ready” tonight? Am I likely to get a vin and car within the next week or two? Or is it more likely to be weeks/months? As for type, it is a red LR model y, no autopilot. Fremont I assume being in SoCal.

i know no one can tell me for sure, but I’m curious what the average wait would be in my situation, and maybe what the odds would be of getting a 2023 vin

thanks
You best get on it before they cancel your order. There were a couple of horror stories (not sure of the accuracy) about people holding delivery and the next email they get is the notification that their order was cancelled. I currently have a Dec 1-31 EDD, was thinking of holding out until January, but now; I may just take delivery when it comes.

Really? December? That’s crazy. I ordered mine March 1st, I guess I did have blue color option but my initial order EDD was July.

The most frustrating thing at the moment is seeing people with same builds with later order dates get theirs first. Doesn’t seem right to me. I underestimated the push for quarterly numbers from the company being more important than actually fulfilling orders. Basically if you live near a factory you’re front of line and screw everyone else.

They were probably contracted at a higher price.

My pops has a reservation for a MYLR black/black, no FSD or EAP.

OD 3/11
Color change from white to black 4/20
For the longest time the EDD was something like late Oct-Dec until last week, when it narrowed to a 3 week window to a 10-day window in the space of a couple of days. VIN got assigned either yesterday or today. Looks like a '22 forged in Austin.

Current window is 10/17-10/26.

Just got another unexpected EDD for October 19th - November 2. I can't say I'm unhappy with that sooner, smaller window. But, what on earth is going on with these delivery windows? They're all over the place.
Yea it’s ridiculous. Waiting to see what happens I have the same window as you. If I only have a 2 day notice before delivery I’m gonna be pissed. They can’t expect people to sit around their houses for weeks or months on end just waiting for a car delivery.

Reactions: Ribbon
Does anyone know if you are required to keep your Tesla for a year before selling it? My buddy just picked his up 3 months ago or so and thought he might sell it to get an x but someone told him he has to keep it for a year before selling. Anyone else hear anything about that?