Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For everyone getting delivery dates after getting your vin did you immediately go in and complete your payment option ? Trying to decide if I’m gonna wait to pay until I at least get a delivery date. Not a fan of gambling and paying it off only to have them cancel my vin and making me wait for several more months
I had the same concerns. I paid on delivery day at the service center via plaid after completing my inspection

Got below message just now. Still no VIN, and ED remains at 11/13-11/24....Probably one of their bulk messages to make us feel better...........

Tesla Update - Hi John, great news! Your Model Y (RN116795xxx) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

ts.la/app

Reactions: John Haffner
Got below message just now. Still no VIN, and ED remains at 11/13-11/24....Probably one of their bulk messages to make us feel better...........

Tesla Update - Hi John, great news! Your Model Y (RN116795xxx) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

ts.la/app
Like when you’re waiting for your food at a restaurant and the server brings out plates or silverware.

• Funny
Reactions: obasonip
Couple of quick questions:
  • My delivery date just moved to a 2 week window for the first time. Now Nov 25- Dec 9. This is good news for me as I am in the UK now and looks like I will survive past Thursday when I am back in FL, but still looks likely it might interfere with the last week of my vacation (not that big of a deal if past Thanksgiving). When were people actually able to see their VIN #’s and what was the easiest way to find?
  • Can somebody point back out how to tell if it is a 2023 VIN or 2022 again?
  • For Tesla Insurance: I assume they are going to be the best as not trying to use non-Tesla parts. Are you able to get a $0 deductible on comprehensive which covers broken windshields and vandalism? I normally keep this on my vehicles as the small increase in cost is normally worth it to me. Anyone have any other complaints on using them?
  • Lastly, when exactly can you actually count on them holding the actual delivery date? When you get the final pick it up in 3 days or we are giving it to someone else email? I already have a backup flight on 11/25 scheduled and our normal flights back are booked for 12/3, so you can see half of the delivery window is in each range. To be honest, I will almost bet anyone the actual delivery date falls no where in the current window, so you can see why I am hesitant to schedule anything until I know it is locked in on the Tesla side.
First question: Typically varies from case to case according to what I've seen in the threads here. I got a text message telling me to get ready to trade in my current car (which I did not set up for trade-in by the way when I ordered) and within a week I had a VIN. You'll usually get a text message or email stating that a VIN has been assigned and to get ready for delivery. In some cases, there was no email or text and folks were able to see the VIN in either the MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) or through source code. So just check as often as you can without getting burnt out.

Second question: The 10th digit of the VIN is the model year. N = 2022, P = 2023

Third question: Not using them as my quote from Progressive with additional coverage was really good. Maybe others here who have used Tesla insurance can chime in.

Fourth question: Usually once the delivery date is scheduled, it's locked in. However there are plenty of stories here where the delivery date was changed due to issues with the car being delivered (paint scratches, interior blemish etc). Tesla will usually notify you in case that occurs. My advice is to stay in contact with your SA and let them know what's going on especially with scheduling delivery. They have been very accommodating in my experience. I've also been told that they can push out your delivery once after it's been scheduled so it might be good to be upfront about that with the SA so you don't have to go through a lot just to get your car.

ts.la/app
I got the same text message this afternoon. It says so much, yet so little!

First question: Typically varies from case to case according to what I've seen in the threads here. I got a text message telling me to get ready to trade in my current car (which I did not set up for trade-in by the way when I ordered) and within a week I had a VIN. You'll usually get a text message or email stating that a VIN has been assigned and to get ready for delivery. In some cases, there was no email or text and folks were able to see the VIN in either the MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) or through source code. So just check as often as you can without getting burnt out.

Second question: The 10th digit of the VIN is the model year. N = 2022, P = 2023

Third question: Not using them as my quote from Progressive with additional coverage was really good. Maybe others here who have used Tesla insurance can chime in.

Fourth question: Usually once the delivery date is scheduled, it's locked in. However there are plenty of stories here where the delivery date was changed due to issues with the car being delivered (paint scratches, interior blemish etc). Tesla will usually notify you in case that occurs. My advice is to stay in contact with your SA and let them know what's going on especially with scheduling delivery. They have been very accommodating in my experience. I've also been told that they can push out your delivery once after it's been scheduled so it might be good to be upfront about that with the SA so you don't have to go through a lot just to get your car.
Thanks a bunch for all the advice!! I just got my text message at 9:40pm UK time. I guess I should start looking for my VIN. Anyone who just received a VIN have white interior from Austin or all from Fremont?

Will the SA’s typically not be able to tell you any info about where your car is if you have a vin?
I am sure it depends on the SA. In my case the Service Center was 40 miles away but only a mile from my daughters house. I paid my daughter a visit, and on the way stopped by the Service Center. When I asked if I could view the vehicle the lady looked it up and then offered to let me pick up the car in a few hours. By the time I returned it was ready, I took a look around and paid via Plaid. She confirmed my payment, helped me with a few other issues and I had my car two days before the scheduled delivery date. Your mileage may vary. My Service Center was Corte Madera, California.

Reactions: Zer0Mpg
I am sure it depends on the SA. In my case the Service Center was 40 miles away but only a mile from my daughters house. I paid my daughter a visit, and on the way stopped by the Service Center. When I asked if I could view the vehicle the lady looked it up and then offered to let me pick up the car in a few hours. By the time I returned it was ready, I took a look around and paid via Plaid. She confirmed my payment, helped me with a few other issues and I had my car two days before the scheduled delivery date. Your mileage may vary. My Service Center was Corte Madera, California.
Ha nice. Yea I stopped by my service center a couple months ago and the 2 guys there were bricks. I’d ask them questions and they just stared blankly and gave canned responses “yea Tesla can’t comment on blah blah”. If I didn’t know any better I’d think they were robots.

• Funny
Reactions: obasonip
Ha nice. Yea I stopped by my service center a couple months ago and the 2 guys there were bricks. I’d ask them questions and they just stared blankly and gave canned responses “yea Tesla can’t comment on blah blah”. If I didn’t know any better I’d think they were robots.
tesla-bot1.jpg

In Robot voice....Hello...I am your Tesla service advisor....how may I help you?🤣🤣