Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting scheduled for pickup later this week. Was hoping that being closer to the factory, I would get a VIN and pickup closer to end of the month to have a chance of getting anything new and any last minute incentives that may be offered. Didn’t work out as I planned, but don’t want to lose out on any of the transfers and lower interest rate I have locked in, but good luck to those who are picking up over next few weeks!

Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/8 (today)
Build Date: ??
Received VIN: ??
Estimated Delivery Date: ??

Planning to transfer FSD and FUSC from my 2017 Model S. Plus the $1000 Cybertruck reservation discount. Plus the 5000 free supercharging miles, which I can use on one of my other Teslas.

Any other promotions I can stack on? I guess I could find some gas car to trade in.
Actually I should have originally written:
Estimated Delivery Date: March, 2024
And it looks like that hasn't changed for orders today.

I've filled out their registration and other items on Monday, 3/11, so they'll assign a VIN. Near as I can tell, Tesla's latest promotion on getting a free paint color or interior if you take an inventory vehicle is of no use to me if I want the $7500 tax rebate, as for that it's the MSRP that matters, so unless Tesla lowers the MSRP, only the base version will work and promotions are irrelevant.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for a VIN and delivery date close to the end of the month to maximize my chance of getting whatever upgrades they might make (c'mon front bumper camera!). I've been lucky before: back in 2014 I got one of the very first Autopilot vehicles, which they started building around September 18. My Model S P85 was built a couple of days later, and I took delivery on the 27th at the Fremont factory.

What I actually expect will happen is that my delivery will be set to be after the end of the quarter, and while they have said that the FSD transfer will still be good if they push the delivery out, they haven't said that would be the case for the FUSC transfer. I expect they'll say that won't be available to me, and probably the $1000 discount for the Cybertruck reservation too. In that case I'll cancel the order as I require the FUSC transfer to make the upgrade worth it to me.

Reactions: djcasava
Toronto
Ordered 3/10
Received VIN 3/12
EDD March 2024

Did receive a notice about Tesla Vision.
Hopefully my build has the camera.
My advisor told me that I can push back the VIN if it doesn't have it.
Did they say they knew anything about the front bumper camera? Haven't heard of any advisor that has confirmed this is in fact happening any time soon. Would be great to hear confirmation.

I received the notice to accept the changes re vision instead of ultrasonic. I accepted, and then got a note that a VIN had been assigned, But there is no VIN assigned in the app. Is there just a lag, or should that be there now? My EDD changed from March 12 to April 3 to March 19 to 26, so that's good. But I need the VIN to get insurance in place.

Toronto
Ordered 3/10
Received VIN 3/12
EDD March 2024

Did receive a notice about Tesla Vision.
Hopefully my build has the camera.
My advisor told me that I can push back the VIN if it doesn't have it.
Advisor just reached out.
We have not seen any official announcement of ambient lighting or front camera, so we would be unable to confirm that until the vehicle lands at our store.
Told them to hold off on my delivery.

That's true. Worth a try to wait for a bit. But eventually I will take delivery.
I have a VIN assigned with a March 7th build date. My advisor told me that those features aren't on the car and that they don't exist. (maybe they will after April 1st. but they are trying to close our a quarter so they will push w/ promotions for everyone to take delivery this month).

Reactions: Dmithun
I received the notice to accept the changes re vision instead of ultrasonic. I accepted, and then got a note that a VIN had been assigned, But there is no VIN assigned in the app. Is there just a lag, or should that be there now? My EDD changed from March 12 to April 3 to March 19 to 26, so that's good. But I need the VIN to get insurance in place.
If you write them in the app chat they should reply with the VIN for you.

Reactions: Chester68
So you don’t need to place insurance until the day of pick up (in reality your current policy likely covers new/replacement vehicles for X amount of time after purchase). You have plenty of time and there is no way they get a delivery date and paperwork together without a VIN. Give it time and follow up with the SA

So you don’t need to place insurance until the day of pick up. You have plenty of time and there is no way they get a delivery date and paperwork together without a VIN. Give it time and follow up with the SA
I don't live in the city where pick up is going to be, so I need to purchase the insurance and register the vehicle in advance. I will see if they will send me the VIN. All I need is the VIN and the MVPA, which I have.

Reactions: DSnoopy