Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They probably are tired of people rejecting February builds. If you are there in person and see the car, you're less likely to reject based solely on build date.
So for where I am, CO, can confirm I have a build date provided of 2/29 and a delivery date to the center tonight, pick up tomorrow. I don’t think you can call any car past x date a reject when you have to take transportation and logistics into account.

I wonder if this is the front camera (from the app) 😅
1000024788.jpg

Folks, what should i do, as a request for feedback, to (increase ???) improve my chance of getting what people are saying (fake news ???) about front facing camera, cabin ambient lighting, racing bucket seats (really ???) from upcoming X refresh ???

Is the current (fake ???) news is that any delivery AFTER Q1 (starting with Apr 2024) will get these goodies?

This morning i received the VIN.

And got notification of MVPA availability.

Time is on my side, i.e. i can wait longer, but if all this is about fake news, then well, ...

Help me !!!

1710272139058.png

1710272241197.png

1710272353733.png

Folks, what should i do, as a request for feedback, to (increase ???) improve my chance of getting what people are saying (fake news ???) about front facing camera, cabin ambient lighting, racing bucket seats (really ???) from upcoming X refresh ???

Is the current (fake ???) news is that any delivery AFTER Q1 (starting with Apr 2024) will get these goodies?

Time is on my side, i.e. i can wait longer, but if all this is about fake news, then well, ...

Help me !!!

View attachment 1027140

View attachment 1027141

View attachment 1027144
Literally nothing has been confirmed and I found threads from last year with people talking about this same dang thing lol

Help me !!!

View attachment 1027140

View attachment 1027141

View attachment 1027144
So many of us are in the same boat. I already delayed once hoping to get a March build. Well, I got a March build VIN assigned only to find out the whole rumor of production on with these upgrades starting in March was false or at a minimum Tesla has no intention of delivering vehicles with these upgrades in March.

I could've taken delivery of my original VIN last Thursday, but decided to buy into the hype/rumor. No one knows anything and anyone that says they do is absolutely BS'ing you.

Bet TSLA said:
Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/8 (today)
Build Date: ??
Received VIN: ??
Estimated Delivery Date: ??

Planning to transfer FSD and FUSC from my 2017 Model S. Plus the $1000 Cybertruck reservation discount. Plus the 5000 free supercharging miles, which I can use on one of my other Teslas.

Any other promotions I can stack on? I guess I could find some gas car to trade in.
Actually I should have originally written:
Estimated Delivery Date: March, 2024
And it looks like that hasn't changed for orders today.

I've filled out their registration and other items on Monday, 3/11, so they'll assign a VIN. Near as I can tell, Tesla's latest promotion on getting a free paint color or interior if you take an inventory vehicle is of no use to me if I want the $7500 tax rebate, as for that it's the MSRP that matters, so unless Tesla lowers the MSRP, only the base version will work and promotions are irrelevant.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for a VIN and delivery date close to the end of the month to maximize my chance of getting whatever upgrades they might make (c'mon front bumper camera!). I've been lucky before: back in 2014 I got one of the very first Autopilot vehicles, which they started building around September 18. My Model S P85 was built a couple of days later, and I took delivery on the 27th at the Fremont factory.

What I actually expect will happen is that my delivery will be set to be after the end of the quarter, and while they have said that the FSD transfer will still be good if they push the delivery out, they haven't said that would be the case for the FUSC transfer. I expect they'll say that won't be available to me, and probably the $1000 discount for the Cybertruck reservation too. In that case I'll cancel the order as I require the FUSC transfer to make the upgrade worth it to me.
And... VIN assigned this morning, so within a few hours of my finishing the registration tasks.

Fremont
Tax edition
Ordered 3/8
Build Date: 3/??
Received VIN: 3/12
Estimated Delivery Date: March, 2024

So what's going on with that Tesla Vision warning. "During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving capability (if applicable)." It's been a year since they got rid of the ultrasonic sensors on the S/X, and they still haven't got this stuff working? Surely FSD must work, at least mostly. Anybody know what's compromised?

I asked for the build date using the chat in the app, and the reply was that the assigned VIN was built in March 2024. Then I asked what day and they said the Monroney said March. So what is the right question to ask and the right person to ask to get an actual answer as to the exact date?

Last edited:
Not sure but this entire fiasco has me really contemplating canceling my order. I have a 21 MS (pre-refresh) w/ FSD.

FSD, Summon, and Autopark work just fine. I’m not sure I want the X bad enough to sacrifice these features basically not working at all. You’re right it’s already been a year w/ Tesla Vision so am I getting a mediocre car until they implement a fix with a front bumper cam?

The biggest issue I have with the new X is lack of stalks and the front doors not opening all the way. Hoping I'll get used to the steering wheel buttons and the doors get resolved in a future update soon. After test driving the new X the overall ride quality and extra range is worth me upgrading, but hoping I don't have any issues like my current car.

Not sure but this entire fiasco has me really contemplating canceling my order. I have a 21 MS (pre-refresh) w/ FSD.

FSD, Summon, and Autopark work just fine. I’m not sure I want the X bad enough to sacrifice these features basically not working at all. You’re right it’s already been a year w/ Tesla Vision so am I getting a mediocre car until they implement a fix with a front bumper cam?
If you’re gonna cancel transfer that VIN over to me!!! LOL but nah I get where you’re coming from.

Since they do so many deliveries at end of quarter and there are rumors of added features and when they may start, thought it a good idea for those of us getting March deliveries to cross reference build dates and features, defects, etc.

Colorado
Tax edition
Ordered 2/5
Build Date 2/29
Received VIN 3/3
EDD 3/15-3/23.
Picking up tomorrow and can’t wait!